Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote
Gothic
I still think it is not fair to ally in ratio 3vs1 or even 2vs1 against  faction. I would not do this because I know it is not fun to fight with opponent you got no chance to win.You double or triple your advantage without reason, it would not be a problem if alliance would be short but it last forever.

If you would play with strategy you would not allow Poland destroy HRE, it would make Poland too strong, you would cooperate with HRE or attacked Poland to keep balance.But what you do ? You attack HRE which has no chance to win or even survive against combined Polish-Lithuania attack.

If Denmark would play with strategy he would not allow to rise Poland and Lithuania so much.He would cooperate with HRE and Novgorod to keep balance.But what he does ? Have war over useless settlements in north, in fact losing game to Poland or Lithuania favour.

--

The whole 'alliance' concept makes other feel uneasy to abandon alliance because of EMO reasons (aka backstabbing) even though it is against their strategic interest.Like it is now I start to think what is the point of me being in the game.I'm just advanced AI. No matter how I try I can't change game because you are all 'allied'.

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
Ares0
ZZZzzz sick of your drizzle Gothic. Am gonna make peace with HRE just to make you happy  and throw everything I got at you.Your moaning now Poland may destroy The HRE.....it was the other way rnd not to long ago. I negotiated terms for peace that were accepted and its not my fault Death misread them, i have nothing against him at all and would have happily kept to the deal I proposed.

I have not been the aggressor at all in this hotseat, i've been under attack from turn 2. Ever since then you have been playing your mind games. Your Empire stretches as far as anyone's so why do you keep complaining!!!!!!!

Yours is the only faction that stretches from one side of the map to the other ( N&S), you are in a strong position and you know it. You haven't engaged Denmark and have taken easy Mongolian territory....Will Denmark strike ??? Who knows!!

Next time you moan I will send The royal philharmonic orchestra To Poland to play there Violins as you type!!!! They love a good sob story!!!!!

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 323
Joined Aug 14, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Gothic
Fair enough.I declare war on everybody as the game is set up anyway.

What we have here ...

1. Poland and Lithuania 'allied' and controlling 2/3 of the map
2. Lithuania and Denmark 'allied' and controlling 2/3 of the map

HRE stands no chance.Whatever he does, fights, whatever he is doomed to loose.Novgorod stands no chance, whatever I do, build, or fight makes no sense, as we unable to fight against allied superior forces.Skill doesn't matter just stupid gang force.

If I would get allied with major faction I could easily destroy any other faction because my advantage double and other side  is stretched and unable to defense.My forces barerly match Lithuania, and I'm suppose to fight also Denmark and maybe allied Poland.This is 'fair' fight ? You made out of HRE and Novgorod just advanced AI - unable to win or even survive.You also gave no chance to Teutonic Order as he was unable to defend from triple invasion and - no one is.

I understand it annoys you that I complain because it so easy and fun to score wins when other helps you out but you make this game pretty disappointing for non gang members.

Novgorod, HRE and TO are not needed in this game as we stand no chances against numeric advantage of 'allied' forces.

--

HRE vs Poland was fair fight,Fight of honor and skill and it still would be if not your 'ally' who helps you out right now.Of course, from strategic point of view it would make sense for Lithuania to keep balance and not let be destroyed by Poland or even maybe sneaky attack your settlements which you left undefended but strategy is not going to happen because of 'alliance'.

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Ares0
"even maybe sneaky attack your settlements which you left undefended"

If you cant see my settlements, how do you know they're undefended...has someone lifted the fog of war on this game!!!!  You have no other means to see any of my cities!!!!

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 323
Joined Aug 14, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
Saspi
Well without the console disabled, Gothic can actually see any player's game if he wanted to. He doesnt need that player's password, he only has to create an admin password which he has done already otherwise how did he managed to sub Colin?

I tried to create an admin password to see Gothics 4th Turn to search for evidence of early reloading turns, but I failed to load the console. Could anyone help me? How do you load the console, because whenever i press "~" nothing happens, I have also tried other characters but none work.

Btw gothic, it annoys me that you are complaining about me having a FAIR ADVANTAGE over you because you have had UNFAIR ADVANTAGES over me and other players for a long time.

And alliances didnt screw up this game, Ranger did when he lost interest and quit. He forced Denmark to ally with Lithuania-Poland. You, gothic however were screwed since the beggining of the game when you managed to get into war against 3 factions without even knowing if HRE or Poland would/could support you.

You were just too aggresive with Denmark, and then tried to trick me into betraying Mongolia and with Mongolia viceversa. I knew betraing Mongolia would make Novgorod expand further and eventually invade me since you Gothic are or were such an indidivualistic and aggresive player.
I prefer team play, nothing wrong with that. As i said before if you wanted a FFA hotseat, you should have been said it at the beggining before starting.

I changed my mind and would like to put for a vote the addition of the following rule:
"Assassins can only make damage on one city every 5 turns and they cant attack an assasin that is inside a settlement."

Saspi votes YES.

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
Soulfly
i can tell you how to saspi but that isnt a good idea, even though its a turn past you still get to see your enemys land etc and gives you advantage even though thats not what your looking for, also you cant prove if someone reloads, yes you can have doubt

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 1.6hrs.
Total Played: 1,280hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
Saspi
So far it really has been a 2vs2 war for you Gothic.
TO/Novgorod vs Denmark/Lithuania

I never attacked you with major force and neither has Denmark because we were busy with the TO. You have capture though 2 important Dane cites and I didnt captured any minor settlements of yours until you captured one minor of mine.

You could even say that even though TO is dead now, its still 2vs2 because you conquered Mongolia Gothic. Even if we conquered TO its not 2vs1(33% chance of winning at most) but a 3vs2(40% chance of winning at most). And with a 40% chance of assasinating one of my agents you still went ahead and assasinated him, right? So what are you afraid of?

By the way if you want to ally with Soulfly against me and Poland just so you have more advantage over me (besides the advantages you already had like not posting screennies, reloading turns, your assasins eating my money)  then go ahead. I dont think soulfly will refuse, I guess its logic for him to get rid of me before I am too powerful no? He shouldnt be playing with emotions but just with logic no?

And I forgot to say that since your assasins have destroyed so many building on my capital (highesy income city) Gothic, I cant collect taxes but on the lowest for several turns now. Also I cant move 1 important axemen out there because my civil order is barely hold on 75%. Hope you are glad to hear this.

EDIT: Well soul if gothic killed one of my agents with a ridiculous low chance of getting him. Then I would count that as not logic for him to try kill my agent, and if I fail several times to kill it, then id say the chances he reloaded are fair high.

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
Soulfly
gothic feel free to sub death and POST SCREENIES ASAP.. he did say later today,all those posts since and still no screenies..i think he wants replaced lol..

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
Saspi
your vote soul?

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Gothic
— Ares0 wrote
"even maybe sneaky attack your settlements which you left undefended"

If you cant see my settlements, how do you know they're undefended...has someone lifted the fog of war on this game!!!!  You have no other means to see any of my cities!!!!

You don't need to be genius to figure out that you have thrown everything you have on HRE because Lithuania is your ally.This is how 'alliance' is screwing up game, normally you would have to leave one army behind to guard your settlements but you are allied so you don't need to do that.

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Gothic
Denmark up.

HRE is doomed only God or marvel could save HRE from incoming destruction, no wonder DealthMerchant lost interest in the game, nobody likes to play game with no chances to win or even survive as he is unable to fight against Poland and Lithuania at the same time with no help from others like Denmark who doesn't give a damn and gave up game to Poland&Lithuania in favour to destroy Novgorod.

HRE scored little victory but will fall soon to superior forces of Poland.Making Poland-Lithuania spread from Minsk till Hamburg !

What is the lesson ? Never ally, when Denmark needed HRE to grow  and capture Norway he was 'ally' then he simply abondoned his 'ally' screwing him like there is no tomorrow.

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
poland up

saspi my vote would be no

— Gothic wrote
hre up, screens later today

gothic you done the turn still havnt posted screenie you said you would,you are clearly taking the piss..if gothic doesnt post screenie very soon then i think we should replace gothic or scrap the campain and start with with admin setup like it should be and with players who will follow the rules

ill be away for 2 days, ill leave gothic to you guys if he doesnt post soon replace or set to ai or continue as is lol

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Gothic
screen

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Death_Merchant
sorry I didnt do my turn, been working nights, 12-14 hour shifts  Confused

Sergeant Major

Groups Sergeant Major
Posts 178
Joined Aug 09, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Death_Merchant a private message Find all posts by Death_Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Saspi
How am I supposed to counter his assassins?
1.- I dont have any assasins of my own, Lithuania started with none (Novgorod with 2).
2.- I cant recruit any assasins of my own,Gothic's assassins will keep destroying the recruiting buildings(thanks to reloading turns being allowed).
3.- Even if I somehow managed to recruit one, Gothic's assassins would immediately assassinate him.

The only way for me to actually hire an assassin would be to build (with high risk of failing) 3 inns, which would cost me 7200 gold in 5 turns. He would then damage 2 of my Inns so I would then only be able to recruit 1 assassin which would cost me 500 gold, however that would only be possible if my cities are too far apart from each other, otherwise I would need 4 inns to actually make an assasin that wouldnt get killed instantly (+2400 gold).

So as a summary, If im lucky, I would need to spend 2400 in one turn and then 4800 in another just to have one assassin.  7200 gold total.
If im not lucky, I would have to spend 3200 in one turn and then 5400 in another just to have one assasin.  8600 gold total.

Right now the exact cost for me to repair all my damaged buildings would be of 4998 gold.
Add to that, at least 1466 gold of past repairs.
All the current buildings destroyed sum up 45% of decreased public order divided into my two most important cities. Capital = 30% 2nd = 15%
Adding all the turns, in which Ive had less public order because of damaged buildings, the following quantity is the one I should have earned:
2500 gold from both cities.
Plus I havent been able to recruit units in those 2 cities for several turns.

So, so far the assasins have cost me only by damaging buildings a total of 9000 gold.
And I would need 7200-8600 gold to recruit one of my own.
Thats would be at least 16200 of gold loss caused by 2 assassins alone In more less 12 turns. So each turn they would have cost me at least 1000 gold, and they can do much more damaga than that! However Gothic has moderated himself so I wouldnt complain. For the last 4 turns his activity increased, to damages that will cost ~5000 gold to repair. If he wanted he could cause me damages that would cost me 2000 gold each turn, which would grow bigger in cost due to me not being able to recruit units or having any tax rate other than low.

So Is it really fair I have to spend all that money just to kill 2 assassins? And while I spend my money on that, Gothic could spend his money on making bigger armies while mine get weaker. Gothic could increase his income, while I increase my spending and decrease my income. Well those are my arguments, surely they wont be enough. So vote Gothic, Death and Ares please.

Also assassins wars withouth the rules I propose, would make the game go even slower. Assassins are only this good because of reloading turns being allowed. If we were to allow reloading turns we should have at least added some more rules so that the game may be balanced. Assassins were created with the idea that they can fail their actions, not with the idea that they are invincible agents that can destroy whatever the heck they want. If there is rule that prevents assassins to kill family members, why wont there be one that will prevent them from destroying more than one building every 5 turns and another assassin that is inside a city. Its expensive and long enough to recruit one assassin already, so why make it even more harder with reloading turns and no rule to protect nations from overpowered assassins?

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 32 of 53