Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Clan War updates 4/25
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Josephus has been making daily progress reports on our site and they really help spice up things as well as show us where we stand at the moment.  I've decided to share his posts with our allies.  Please comment here on any stratagies you guys would like to employ, Ill be checking this thread almost daily and will try to share your thoughts with the Grails and Imps.  

The last two wars make for great reading but Ill just start with the new war:

Campaign news:

This new map finds us carving out our claim in the south of Japan. We currently hold 7 provs, 5 on main land Japan and 2 on the eastern island. I haven't had much time to play, but I have contributed 3 or 4 wins to our total. Some unsung hero or heroes have done a lot of work establishing this foothold. The leading clan has 24 provs already. It seems that this clan is using the hit every empty prov with 1 victory approach. This will leave them paper thin for a while.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Status report:

we currently have 9 provs and are in the middle of the pack. We have virtual control of the southern tip of Japan. The seas are dominated by the Anzacs Samuri. My plan is the use the sea provs to help the land provs. We shall see what happens overnight.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Campaign report:

We have lost 2 provs since last night. It would have been worse if I had not had time to play a few games. I took 1 sea prov and recaptured 1 land prov in the souther tip of Japan. Anyone know why the game designers decided to change all map tradition and place this map of Japan with west on the top of the map? This is worse than someone calling cavalry "calvary". Anyway, we still have to upperhand in the south if we keep punching the incursions back. Anzac Samuris are scary they already have 41 provs and are trying to take our provs in the south.

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
I said I'd keep the threads updated from all three sites so:

Coach said:

Quote:
Great job Imperators! I was on last night. I reclaimed the southern prov. and the "China Sea". I of course was just one win ahead, so if they win one, they take it--as I figure they did.

I am getting a couple navals in each day as well. The clan marker keeps moving. I suggest we aim for the provinces that we already own, or are very close to taking. Just a suggestion.

Katsumoto said:

Quote:
after the season began, i started taking the western provinces first.. i hope we still have them because i was the only one on.. after eve left that night. Not fair though these other clans have 100 plus players

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
11:30 pm central 4/27

News from the Front:

Tetsu-fu is successfully holding the left part of the map. We possess 13 provs. This has been accomplished by pushing back intrusions by the Anzac Samuri clan, who control 41 provs. We are currently solidly in second place. The provs controlled by us seems to be mutually suppporting. Anyone trying to penetrate into our stronghold is easily defeated because the provs increase the points ganed by a victory.

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Ok, something odd happened today. The clans on our map changed somewhat. Anzac Samuri are now gone. Virus is back on our map. we had most provs as of 1 pm central. The locations of our provs didnt change, we just picked up provs where we had points while the clans on our new map did not.

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
The_Wolface
Yes, that happened just after I got the province where you had the clan mark on that day. I had 5 victories and 1 loss, but the points I got gave us the province. I presume that gaining this province suddenly boosted our total provinces' number  because of the extra points a clan gets by having adjacent provinces. So the extra points we got by this adjacent provinces term, gave us the first potition for a while.  Wink

Posts 23
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send The_Wolface a private message Visit user's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy#!/profile.php?id=100000708409453 Find all posts by The_Wolface

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
The_Wolface
But maybe this was totally a coincidence. Maybe another member got a province that played that role and that just happened at the same time with my gaining the province with the clan mark. However I guess that the adjacent provinces bonus points changed things on the map.  Wink  Cool

Posts 23
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send The_Wolface a private message Visit user's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy#!/profile.php?id=100000708409453 Find all posts by The_Wolface

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Nice Wolface!

More news from the front:

The situation is critical. Virus has launched it human wave assault. It has overrun about 5 of our former provs. I did all I could to hold them. I won 10 (all worth between 40-50 points adding up to 400-500) victories on land and 1 at sea. It was not nearly enough to stem their advance on land. We need everyone who can pick up a sword (i.e., mouse) to be on tonight to reverse this evil wave of uncouth barbarians!!

Clan map 4/25   Today at 8:52 am  
Update:

When I went to bed we possessed 20 provs. We lost 4 over night. We finnished 2nd with 16. Virus finnished 1st with 26 or so. we advance again. Thanks all of you guys (Imperators and allies) for the strong showing last night.

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Great job everyone!  That was a hard fought win.  Maybe we should approach Virus with a non aggression pact on this one?  Any thoughts?

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1