Most Anticipated Game.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon Most Anticipated Game. Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 am
    —
With all the shite being released at the moment there are few games out there on the upcoming list that are worth while contenders for the "Next Epic Game" title.

I've found 2. Both in the early stages but with so much promise and potential they are worth of note.

Infinity.

and..

Interstellar Marines.

IMO, both look amazing and i can't wait to give them a go.

Anyway, is there anything out there you're keeping an eye on? What's floating your boat right now?

#2: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm
    —
Infinity, the space mmo?
Been following that one since around '08 when it was still known as "Infinity: Quest for Earth" and blazed up the combat prototype a few times. Definitely interested in that one not just from a gaming point of view, but also from a technological point of view, it'll be interesting to see just how well the procedural generation system the developer has coded works. Everything I've previously seen with procedural generation was...well crap, but I have high hopes for this title based on the tech videos so far. That and it's indy, with heavy *heavy* involvement of the community in design and development, as well as real interaction with the developer(s) (when they have time).
One of the things that I really love about Infinity, or the idea behind it, is that you can just point your ship at some random point of light, and fly there (if you have the fuel). Every single point of light is a star, with a planetary system (or maybe just some asteroids), and you get to explore it, an entire galaxy.
The control system'll take some getting used to though, in space, the ships use newtonian-physics(lite) which means you have to apply reverse thrust, upthrust, downthrust (enough with the innuendos) to move properly, there's none of the "aeroplanes in space" type of thing going on like you find in most space shooters (Wing Commander series for example).
My wife is actually following this game too, believe it or not.

As for the other one, never heard of that, might look in to it (since from what games you've said you had, we seem to have fairly similar gaming tastes).

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1