World Cup 2010
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#91: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 am
    —
— Soulfly
The Ball Did Not Cross The Line......its Official

ROFL!

— LA Times

LA TIMES

It was England's worst-ever World Cup defeat and the umpteenth time in the last four-plus decades that it has been the Germans who have run roughshod over English hopes.

So, the Three Lions are heading home. The English tabloids are working themselves into a froth over the bad call by Uruguayan referee Jorge Larrionda and his assistants, and the Germans, not without a smirk or two, are going on to the quarterfinals.

They do so deservedly. They were younger, fitter, faster and smarter. They carried with them no preconceived ideas about their own worth, as the English players did, and they were better-coached.

....It is time to clean house, and the larger and more forcefully the broom is used the better.

The sad truth of the matter is that England's players, with few exceptions, are an arrogant, ignorant and unpleasant lot. They are paid far too much by their Premier League clubs, where their true allegiance lies, and their ability individually and collectively in an England shirt does not match their swagger.

I'm English, and I couldn't agree more with what the LA Times said, especially the last paragraph. I don't agree so much with the coaching though, I don't believe it was Fabio Capello, it was the fuckwits in the "team" (term used loosely).

Coincidentally, as I'm now also "partially" german (ok, I still have to wait 3..4 years til I get my passport :p), I can now go "deutschland ist weiter!"

1. I'd hope Deutschland to be honest, but the way things are shaping up I think it's going to be a south-american final and we'll see an Argentine victory.
2. England and France, it's already happened but, boy was it hilarious when it did.
3. Klose I think, he was like a fucking Ninja in the England v Deutschland game.

#92: No icon  Author: FloFri PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
    —
all my feelings are expressed in on symbol:

Very Happy

#93: No icon  Author: NeanderthalerLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:43 am
    —
Hey m8's

I feel a classic football game is coming up.

Finals:

Netherlands - Germany

I hope this is going to happen.

#94: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:38 am
    —
moneys on germany to win it now,another shock yesterday i didnt expect brazil to loose.

#95: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:19 am
    —
To be honest with you, the Netherlands have been a pretty steady competitor in this cup. I'm with you Neanderthaler, it'd be great to see a Deutschland v Nederlands final.

#96: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:52 pm
    —
Deutschland is through to the semis! 4-0, haha that was a great second-half. Argentina's going home Twisted Evil

Really looking forwards to a Deutschland Netherlands final, that'd be a legend game.

#97: No icon  Author: Saspi PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:23 pm
    —
Dont sing to early, spain is climbing slowly...

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
Page 7 of 7