same HDD problems
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

#1: No icon same HDD problems Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:10 am
    —
MSI K8TNeo2 V.2.0

VIA K8T800 Pro +8237R Plus Chipset Based
Designed for AMD Athlon 64/FX/X2 Processors

If it is connected and i boot the pc, then i have to wait about 10 minutes.

Hi guys i know it is not a problem with a game but without my HDD i can't play any game.
So i bought a new Freecom external HDD 500GB 2.0USB Turbo sometimes the hardware could not be detected,
if i can connect it there is a transfer rate of 0,9 MB per second

I hope anybody can help me.
Thanks

MSI K8TNeo2 V.2.0

VIA K8T800 Pro +8237R Plus Chipset Based
Designed for AMD Athlon 64/FX/X2 Processors

#2: No icon  Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm
    —
send the drive back....get internal hard drive.
personally i do not use external hard drives, as they can be very temperemental (like a woman...lol)
i'm sorry i can't help you any more, but i would suggest returning hard drive and exchanging it for an internal one.

#3: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 pm
    —
Wow i got some help at 22:30 we made some tests and the result is that i got only USB 2.0 on the 6 slots behind the pc not in the front.
So i got 38,9 MB/sec now. Thank you nighthawk for ur help.

#4: No icon  Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 pm
    —
Well i would have thought you would have tested the drive in all USB ports to outrule any faults with them.....that's why i didn't suggest trying all your USB ports as trying the hard drive in different USB ports would be the first thing to do.
Anyway glad it's sorted for you.

#5: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 pm
    —
i tested all then i had reinstalled the driver but i didn't tested all ports again Embarassed

Sorry for that and thanks again. Smile

#6: No icon  Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:55 pm
    —
do external HDD regularly cause probs, as i was thinking of getting one to be used as a back up

#7: No icon  Author: CaledonianLocation: Aberdeen, Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 pm
    —
my dad bought a 2TB one for £120 and it hasnt buggered up at all. They are very useful for storing albums/movie etc and for back up Smile.

#8: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm
    —
i think internal are better cause they are faster for exampel my old internal with 480MBit/sec
and external with 330MB/sec

#9: No icon  Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm
    —
i would only be using it as a backup so speed isn't that important, but there's not much point if its going to be causing problems

#10: No icon  Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:29 pm
    —
Colin they are ok, as long as you have correct drivers, USB 2.0 ports on your mobo and use the correct cables.
Most of the trouble people get are from the drives that are USB powered (drive has no external power supply of it's own) and the PC motherboard has only one or two USB Root Hubs, therefore if you are using USB mouse,keyboard and a USB powered hard drive, but the mobo can't power all three things at once, so the hard drive loses power and goes offline.
If buying an external hard drive make sure you get one with it's own power adapter and not a USB powered one.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1