Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Greetings lads Smile
1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Diplomatic and Embassy information
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
MetalGearSolid
A few days ago one of your clan members joined our website and hereby I'm returning the favour :)

It seems our clans share the same name, Celtic Alliance, which is kind of funny. In fact we didn't even know about the existence of this clan until recently when one of your members came on our website and told us you guys are using the same name. He also asked us how we came about selecting our name, so here goes. Basically we picked the Celtic part of our name because the girl who set up our clan is from Scotland and she's really into Celtic things. The Alliance bit just had a nice sound to it as she claims, so she combined the words together and that was it Smile

We however are not playing the games you lads are playing, so are different from this clan. And we surely are not trying to use the name you've built up to grow bigger or anything. In fact, people who will visit our website will see how much different we are from you guys. Anyway, to cut this part of my post short, the game we mostly play is Americas Army 2, but we also play Battlefield 2 and Americas Army 3, both which are however played on a pretty low scale. We're actually just starting out getting everything working and such. We're trying to be a somewhat "military" clan with ranks, medals and all that (no realism unit stuff though) - and also add jobs and duties in the mix.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you guys. We are always interested in meeting other clans. In fact the guy who joined us asked us if we were interested in some scrims. We spoke about a Battlefield 2 scrim since that's the only game we have in common, so I'm currently trying to see who wants to jump in on that. Keep in mind we are no pros though, we learn as we go, so we might not be that big of a challenge at first, haha.

Any questions or comments, just go ahead and I'll try to answer them.

Posts 15
Joined Oct 29, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send MetalGearSolid a private message Find all posts by MetalGearSolid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
Hey mate thanks for taking the time to register/post on our website,we are no pros on BF2 either but its all about fun.Once you get a idea how many players yous can get let us know and we will get something setup,i know who will win,the celtic alliance lol  Very Happy Ill setup a embassy for your clan asap.

Good Luck

Soulfly

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 5.8hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
JudgeDead
have a match and who ever wins gets the clan name celtic alliance lol Very Happy

"When in doubt get the gustav out"
"Killing corsa's at a Mcdonalds near you"

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 186
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send JudgeDead a private message Find all posts by JudgeDead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
whp ever has the most celtic members gets the name Razz

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Kuebel
isn't one celtic (as in seltic, that being us?) and the other celtic (as in keltic) ?

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Freddy
lol  Very Happy   wouldn't the clan tags get messy on bf2? xD i mean we would have CA and you guys would have CA too?  Laughing

Posts 362
Joined Oct 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quote
UltimateTobi
We have {CA}, and they might have (CA)/[CA]/{CA]/etc., I dunno. Very Happy

Posts 44
Joined Oct 25, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send UltimateTobi a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by UltimateTobi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
MetalGearSolid
@Soulfly: thanks for the embassy offer. Once I have confirmation of who's coming I'll let you know.

Haha, good ideas on who should get the name :)

We are using the [CA] tag btw. So, no problems there.

Also, who of you exactly joined our website?

Posts 15
Joined Oct 29, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send MetalGearSolid a private message Find all posts by MetalGearSolid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
no problem Very Happy i joined your site mate,registerd as Joe

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
— Kuebel wrote
isn't one celtic (as in seltic, that being us?) and the other celtic (as in keltic) ?

over my dead body mate, dunno what soul has said buts we're keltic despite soul poor taste in football teams Razz

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
Celtic fc are a great team! Great history! Colin is right,clan name sounds like Keltic! not seltic Very Happy

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
— Soulfly wrote
Celtic fc are a great team!

keep telling yourself that Razz out of curiosity who's at the top of the league atm? Smile

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Freddy
colin  Mad  don't go off topic just joking Very Happy

Posts 362
Joined Oct 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
MetalGearSolid
Hehe. It's stuff like this that makes me feel quite at home :)

We just set up an embassy for you guys on our website. Non-members can't see it because it's only visible to registered members. Those who wish to sign up may do so, and those who are already a member of our forums feel free to post some stuff in there.

I'll pass the word about you guys to the others as well, hopefully some of them will sign up here as well.

Posts 15
Joined Oct 29, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
The_Wolface
Both pronunciations are correct, even though I believe that the one with the "k" is the most proper according to my English teacher (who, by the way, comes from Manchester). I presume that the "s" pronounced is mostly used in USA and by English language speakers all over the world as it suits better to the written form of the word and sounds more ample. You know, easy to digest!  Very Happy  Wink I personally prefer the old-speaking accent, so I vote for "k".  Laughing And this term has a Greek root also.  Cool

OK, OK... I FOUND SOMETHING ON WIKEPEDIA. IT LOOKS INTERESTING!!  Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronunciation_of_Celtic#Pronunciation

"Pronunciation

The pronunciation of the initial ‹c› in the English words Celt and Celtic in their various meanings can be realised either as /k/ or /s/ (that is, either hard or soft). Both can be justified philologically and both are "correct" in English prescriptive usage.[8]

Although the word originated in an early Continental Celtic language, it came to English via Greek (Keltoi), where it is spelled with a kappa; thus /k/ is the original pronunciation. This was borrowed into Latin (Celtae), where it was likewise pronounced with /k/. However in the transition from Classical Latin to Vulgar Latin and early Romance, this sound shifted to /t?/, a process known as palatalisation, and in French further to /s/. Under French influence, the practice ‹c› representing /s/, when used before the vowels "i" and "e," in words of Latin origin became established in English, as for example celestial, cilia, and Cicero. Thus /s/ is the inherited pronunciation in English for these words. This sound change has resulted in a general orthographic convention of English, ‹c› usually represents /s/ before front vowels (‹i e y›). For additional discussion see Latin spelling and pronunciation.

Until the mid-twentieth century, Celtic was usually pronounced with /s/ in English except by academics, but the pronunciation with /k/ has been gaining ground recently. Following the usage of philologists, /k/ is now almost invariably used with reference to Celtic culture even in non-academic contexts.[9] However, the /s/ pronunciation remains the most recognised form when it occurs in the names of sports teams, most notably Celtic Football Club and the Boston Celtics basketball team.

The corresponding words in French are pronounced with /s/ while those in German have /k/ (and are even spelled with ‹k›), but neither French nor German has influenced English usage[citation needed]; rather, they show independent reflexes of the same phenomena in Latin and Greek.

The celt, a stone tool, has a completely separate etymology from Celt and Celtic. In English its sole pronunciation is /?s?lt/."

Posts 23
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send The_Wolface a private message Visit user's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy#!/profile.php?id=100000708409453 Find all posts by The_Wolface

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2