Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Battlefield 3 News
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
Soulfly
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=163094

SUMMARY: who will purchase the LIMITED edition of medal of honor will get an invitation to the BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA!!!!!!!!!

conclusions: maybe the beta is near...there....around the corner...

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 3.7hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
Smokey1Kenobi
I read this yesterday, Preorder Battlefield: Modern Warfare, sorry, Medal Of Honour, and get into the beta of BF3.

Only problem is, as it is at the moment, i don't think MoH is good enough to buy in a sale let alone preorder but I would love to grab a beta key for BF3 though.

Ither Beta sorces will become available,,,,, i hope.

General

Groups General
Posts 710
Joined Jun 06, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Smokey1Kenobi a private message Find all posts by Smokey1Kenobi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
SgtStryker
YAY! I got MOH when it came out! BF3 here I come!

Posts 239
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send SgtStryker a private message Find all posts by SgtStryker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote
CelticJay
OMG not again a new Battlefield game... I am happy to have BC2...

Rolling Eyes Sad Crying or Very sad

Brigadier

Groups Brigadier
Posts 448
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send CelticJay a private message Find all posts by CelticJay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
SgtStryker
BF3 if it is like the original Battlefields will be much better than Bad Company.

Posts 239
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send SgtStryker a private message Find all posts by SgtStryker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Kuebel
Activision lost me with MW2 and EA got me back to the battlefield series with BC2 so there's a damn good chance I'll be getting BF3, but it's doubtful I'm getting a pre-order of MoH.

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quote
CelticJay
— SgtStryker
BF3 if it is like the original Battlefields will be much better than Bad Company.

Nope Sir,
I do not really like BF2 or BC1
I like BF2142 and BC2...
So it would be better if they develope BC3 or BF 2242

Ah I don't know hopefully in BF3 is no desert, no Taliban or Russian or Chinese or wtf....

Maybe USA vs. Europe is an interesting one...

Brigadier

Groups Brigadier
Posts 448
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send CelticJay a private message Find all posts by CelticJay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
shadow
nahh thaey should bring in insurgent game types with techys and cas littlebirds and blue motor bikes and big red and retards with a bunch of fukin AK's

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send shadow a private message Send shadow an email. Find all posts by shadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
SgtStryker
That would be cool. the only thing I would want from BC2 is a tiny bit of destruction. Jihad into a building and blow half up Very Happy .

Posts 239
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote
JudgeDead
here i found something really funny for you guys pre ordering it

1. it will have BETA events wich means beta il be open for like week or 2 on each event in my history of betas events normaly happen 1-2 times a month

2. Want to be among the first to get hands-on with Battlefield 3? If you own Medal of Honor Limited Edition you will receive an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor.

"When in doubt get the gustav out"
"Killing corsa's at a Mcdonalds near you"

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 186
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send JudgeDead a private message Find all posts by JudgeDead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
SgtStryker
Within 12 months is when the beta is coming out. This means we will get it when it comes out. MOH has been released a while already.

Posts 239
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
lilcowan92
Bring on Battlefield 3  Very Happy
Im with Stryker :L I hope its more like Bf2 but with destroyable buildings n shit Very Happy

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 57
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send lilcowan92 a private message Find all posts by lilcowan92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote
Soulfly
info from the home page:

Introduction:

Battlefield 3 will be the latest installment in the long running Battlefield franchise that originally started with Battlefield 1942. BF3 is a common shorthand term for the game and it is short for Battlefield 3. A common misconception is that Battlefield 3 is really Bad Company 3, this is not the case. In fact, BF3 is the sequel to the sleeper hit of 2005, Battlefield 2. The game will be produced by DICE, a swedish game development firm and will be published by EA Games. DICE & EA Games have produced all the past Battlefield's thus far. Past Battlefield games and their add-ons/expansions:

* Battlefield 1942
   * Battlefield 1942: Road To Rome
   * Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WW2
   * Battlefield Vietnam
   * Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
   * Battlefield 2
   * Battlefield 2: Special Forces
   * Battlefield 2: European Forces
   * Battlefield 2: Armored Fury
   * Battlefield 2142
   * Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike
   * Battlefield: Heroes
   * Battlefield: Bad Company
   * Battlefield 1943
   * Battlefield: Bad Company 2

About Battlefield 3:

BF3 will be using the Frostbite 2.0 engine. This engine is commonly thought to be the engine behind BF:BC - BF:BC2. However, DICE has made it clear that no games have ever used the technology of Frostbite 2. Frostbite 2 will probably offer the best environmental, audio, and graphical advancements in a multi-console game ever. Better yet, Battlefield 3 will be the one to lead the new engine technology. Expectations of the engine are based off of previous improvements from 1.0 - 1.5, expect better sound, better physics, a more destructable environment, improved textures, and real-time weather changing.

Battlefield 3 is expected to be set in the modern warfare era. Expected factions include the US military, Middle Eastern Coalition, China, and/or Russia. The maps are expected to be larger than BC2 maps with more vehicles and game play improvements over past Battlefields.

Battlefield 3 Release Date:

Battlefield 3 has been rumored to be in production since late 2007, when a PDF was leaked online. It is now suggested that this PDF was actually discussing the Battlefield: Heroes game (since released.) However, the game has been in development or at least confirmed since summer 2009 when EA's COO stated that "Battlefield is looking good." However, it wasn't until July 30th 2010 that the world really ended up hearing about Battlefield 3. On this date, EA announced that purchasers of the Medal of Honor: Limited Edition game would get an invite to the Battlefield 3 beta within 12 months of Medal of Honor's release (October 12, 2010.) This date has come and passed, while no Battlefield 3 news has come yet, expect it soon. However, our timeline and estimates suggest the following:

* Screen shots ~ Spring 2011
   * Trailer ~ Summer 2011
   * Beta ~ Fall - Winter 2011
   * Demo/release ~ Spring 2012

More news from the developers of Battlefield 3 today that will sure make PC gamers happy to hear. In a recent tweet by locust9, he stated that the devs are putting a special amount of effort into BF3 and also stating that this level of effort is even more than normal. Clearly, the devs have been listening to the community and have realized that a console port will not bring the returns that DICE/EA would like.

locust9 wrote:
@U2RoKKeR it will not be exclusive. We are putting special effort into the pc version, even for us, it's extraordinary.

http://twitter.com/locust9/status/21656370541494272#

This is another key Battlefield 3 related tweet after locust9's recent statement that Battlefield 3 will not support Windows XP

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 3.7hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
shadow
anyone know of a modability of the game? BF3:PR would be EPIC

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send shadow a private message Send shadow an email. Find all posts by shadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
MetalGearSolid
I for one can't wait for BF3. Our clan is actually thinking of switching to that game because it offers us more than AA2 does. I'm particularly excited about the Frostbite 2 engine, because shooting at everything and destroying it is just amazing to experience :)

I also personally prefer the BF2 and BF3 series of games over the BC ones, because I like games of a somewhat more serious tone. I found the series of BC games more of a gimmick, and that's not too much to my liking.

I do hope though BF3 will not turn out to be yet another CoD clone with all these unrealistic perks and such, because I liked BF2 because of its more realistic character. CoD, while a fun game to play, the online play is just too unrealistic for me. Run and gun, nuclear strikes?, other perks that are making me feel like huh? You name it.

Also, the tendency of people to whine about the lack of perks nowadays is so annoying. You can hardly read anything else these days. I want this perk, I want that perk, people seem to need those to actually be interested in a game, otherwise they will just tell you it's crap. I guess that's what you get when you focus your efforts too much on kids playing such games on consoles. Just look at the ports, they're not that impressive really. Don't get me wrong, I own a PS3 myself and play on it lots, but I am still very selective to what I will and won't play on there. You won't see me on kiddie servers for instance where all they think of is run and gun and brag about the highest amount of kills, while they totally suck at team play and the essence of it.

To some all this may add to a game, but to me it just wrecks a game. There's nothing skillful about using a perk to kill a number of players, but it does take skill to do the same thing without all these perks. But then again, I'm an old school gamer and prefer playing to get better, without the use of perks and such. Others will probably think otherwise and that's fine, so just consider this as my own opinion.

In short, I am anxiously awaiting BF3 but I'm also a bit worried they might wreck some of the great things BF2 has. So yeah, I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised. Until that time I'm waiting to get my hands on some gameplay footage and maybe even a demo of some kind.

Take care lads! Cya around soon Smile

Posts 15
Joined Oct 29, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send MetalGearSolid a private message Find all posts by MetalGearSolid

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1