Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

does your Girlfriend give you grief??
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
I seen this on a car forum,thought it was funny so here it is:

click expand on quotes to read all

1. Check out this thread from some Jeep forum.
2. Print and give to your girlfirend.

I really think this deserves putting behind glass.

'96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

Reply "classic"

You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.

can find it @ http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/

LOL class eh!

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 5.8hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
Freddy
LOL  Very Happy

Posts 362
Joined Oct 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Odini
Hehe, Rather liked this.

I did notice that she never bothered responding though. For some reason, I feel she may not have liked the respond she got...

Sergeant Major

Groups Sergeant Major
Posts 150
Joined Dec 22, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
shadow
lol owned  Very Happy  stupid bitch  Razz

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send shadow a private message Send shadow an email. Find all posts by shadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Markuskein
Nice answer, I'm glad my gf is not like her at all!! I expend lot of time and money playing games, taking careof my carnivorous plants, and smoking weed. And I've never heard her complaining, in fact nowe, she has some carnivorous plants too, and is learning to play World of Tanks! Razz

And, in fine, he carried on the war not for the sake of personal gain or power nor through anger, but for the sake of warlike deeds in themselves; hence he was accounted at once a lover of war and a master of war. ~ Cassius Dio about Viriathus

Posts 47
Joined Sep 25, 2010
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Markuskein a private message Find all posts by Markuskein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Defekt
Haha awsome catch Soulfly, and that dude did some nice writing on the first respond hehe Razz

Posts 70
Joined Feb 05, 2010
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Defekt a private message Send Defekt an email. Find all posts by Defekt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quote
Chivalrous
A nice response indeed, the written equivalent of a pimp's back hand.

() ()
(-_-)
()  ()
(")(")

Sergeant Major

Groups Sergeant Major
Posts 12
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Chivalrous a private message Find all posts by Chivalrous

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1