Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Hamachi
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
UltimateTobi
Hey guys,

AFAIK there's no Hamachi network for Celtic Alliance, so I wanted to ask, is anybody interested in this? You need it for various games, like Age of Empires 1 & 2, Arsenal of Democracy, and any other older games which don't support online gaming anymore.

If so, the clan leader, Soulfly, might create an official Celtic Alliance network, where we all join and can play old games together.

Downloadable here: www.logmein.com

I already own it and ready to go (join).

Posts 44
Joined Oct 25, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send UltimateTobi a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by UltimateTobi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
yea there was alot of talk about this in the past, back then think most people where against it

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
UltimateTobi
— Colin747 wrote
yea there was alot of talk about this in the past, back then think most people where against it
I searched the forum, but didn't find anything, sorry if such a thread already exists.

But I don't know what should speak against this, with Hamachi you're able to play old games, that's a good thing in my point of view. ^^

Posts 44
Joined Oct 25, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send UltimateTobi a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by UltimateTobi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
Soulfly
It was on the old forums mate.There was a few multi player problems a while ago on MTW2 and there was a idea of using hamachi for multiplayer instead of gamespy untill the problems were fixed,in the end there wasnt enough interest using this in the clan.

It might be good for runing old games or pirate versions but is there any real need for a clan channel,will there be enough members using it?If others think its a good idea then maybe we can look into it,if it will benifit the clan anything will be considered,it wouldnt be any good to me though as i dont have any games that would need it.

Its good to see new members active in forums and willing to post ideas how to improve things in the clan  Very Happy

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 1.3hrs.
Total Played: 1,275hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
UltimateTobi
— Soulfly wrote
It was on the old forums mate.There was a few multi player problems a while ago on MTW2 and there was a idea of using hamachi for multiplayer instead of gamespy untill the problems were fixed,in the end there wasnt enough interest using this in the clan.

It might be good for runing old games or pirate versions but is there any real need for a clan channel,will there be enough members using it?If others think its a good idea then maybe we can look into it,if it will benifit the clan anything will be considered,it wouldnt be any good to me though as i dont have any games that would need it.

Its good to see new members active in forums and willing to post ideas how to improve things in the clan  Very Happy
Yes, I hope many members will vote for this. Very Happy

Posts 44
Joined Oct 25, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Freddy
hamachi would be good for pr as someone can create a local server and others can join up,imagine a CA team Very Happy i think hamachi is good and we should try to use it

Posts 362
Joined Oct 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Kuebel
I have no use for it, if it's optional for the clan then I abstain (since I don't care), if it's required for the clan, I'm against.

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
UltimateTobi
I wouldn't say it's required, I would say it should be optional.

Posts 44
Joined Oct 25, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1