Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

imperial edition
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
shadow
i will be buying ntw by next weekend and would want 2 know for £7 difference is the imperial edition worth it?? if it is worth it i am willing to pay the difference

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send shadow a private message Send shadow an email. Find all posts by shadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
you get some extra units mate,that probaly dont make a great deal difference because of the money you are limited to.i got the basic version for £25 but that was a steam rip off price.hawk got the imperial edition edition for the same price so maybe he can let you know if its anygood.

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 0.7hrs.
Total Played: 1,275hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote
shadow
cool i was getting mine from game with a giftcard from my bday normal editdion is £20 whcih is how much gift card i got so i can get if to cost me nothin and imperial is £27.99. are the units you do get unlockable later or not??

(nice sig soul couldnt help steal it Very Happy )

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send shadow a private message Send shadow an email. Find all posts by shadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
well depends if you can afford an extra £7....if not then get the ordinary edition. If you want extra units then get the imperial edition.
This is what you get extra in imperial edition.

The following elite units are included as part of the box copy of the Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition. This premium packaged edition comes complete with an illustrated biography of Napoleon Bonaparte and a unique Steam unlock code. Once the game is installed and verified by Steam, players can enter their code and unlock these elite units which will then appear in the single and multiplayer games. Please note - an online connection will be required during installation to download these units. Online connection only required once unless taking part in online gaming.

"Heroes of the Napoleonic Wars" Pack

7th Lancers - France: These cavalrymen are armed with lances that make them particularly deadly when charging. The lance allows the user to put all his weight, and that of his charging horse, behind one very sharp point.

Brandenburg Uhlans - Prussia: They are some of the most experienced cavalrymen in Europe and can persuade their steeds into breathtaking acts of speed.

1st Hussars - Austria: The 1st Hussars are, without exception, superb horsemen, and all have a certain independence of spirit that makes them ideal for chasing down widely scattered men.

15th Hussars - Great Britain: The 15th Hussars are made up of veteran cavalrymen, deadly in close combat and at the charge. Their speed makes them ideal for chasing down skirmishers and for dealing with artillery units.

1st East Prussian Grenadier Battalion - Prussia: Only the largest, bravest men can become grenadiers; this size and strength makes them an impressive sight in a charge, and gives them an edge in melee.

6th Regiment d'Infanterie Légère - France: Historically, the 6th Regiment saw action in over forty battles during the Napoleonic Wars and were awarded seven battle honours for their achievements.

17th Jäger Regiment - Russia: Able to fight in loose skirmish formation or fire a massed volley when organised in line, the Jägers are an adaptable response to enemy tactics.

1st Regiment Emperor's Own - Austria: The 1st Regiment "Emperor's Own" is made up of battle-hardened Czech troops, as deadly with their bayonets as they are excellent marksmen.

18th Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne "The Brave" - France: The 18th Regiment are revered by their fellow countrymen, who know them as "The Brave". They are experienced soldiers and that makes them valuable on the battlefield.

Moscow Musketeers - Russia: Formed into a disciplined line, they can unleash a massed volley into an enemy then, while the enemy is reeling, follow it with a decisive bayonet charge.

"Elite Regiment" Pack

5e Regiment de Hussards - France: Light and fast, these veterans of the American War of Independence can quickly reach areas of the battlefield where they are most needed, cutting down the enemy with their curved sabres.

Pavlograd Hussars - Russia: All hussars have "dash" and a touch of derring-do in their collective attitude towards war. Pavlograd hussars are, without exception, excellent horsemen, ideal for chasing down skirmishers and overrunning artillery units.

8th Life Regiment - Prussia: The steadiness displayed by the men of the 8th Life Regiment is amazing, and on the battlefield they will encourage nearby troops to follow their example. As with many Prussian line infantry units, these men are incredibly disciplined and trained.

47th (Czech) Regiment - Austria: These veteran soldiers are adept at close and fire combat. When formed in a disciplined line, they can unleash a massed volley of fire and then move forwards to engage in melee with the enemy.

88th Foot "Connaught Rangers" - Great Britain: A little rough around the edges, but courageous and professional on the battlefield, the Connaught Rangers are an Irish line infantry regiment. Whether pushing home a bayonet or forming a disciplined firing line, these men will stand and fight.

Out of these units i find use for the following in my multiplayer armies.
88th Foot "Connaught Rangers" - Great Britain
47th (Czech) Regiment - Austria
8th Life Regiment - Prussia
Moscow Musketeers - Russia
18th Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne "The Brave" - France
1st Regiment Emperor's Own - Austria
17th Jäger Regiment - Russia
6th Regiment d'Infanterie Légère - France

So that's 8 infantry units i get extra to use in MP compared to the standard edition.........yes i think it's worth an extra £7 for the imperial edition.

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Nighthawk a private message Find all posts by Nighthawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
Gothic
I think standard edition is 17 pounds so for 3 pounds it may be worth, in standard edition you get 5 additional units.

IMHO it's not a big deal,in NTW units are more or less generic so you will have fun even with standard edition like I do Smile

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote
shadow
Some one posted a review on game.co.uk complaining that ntw is an expantion pack and only tells you this when you install of steam, bullshit or not???

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
NTW is a standalone game.....yes some people's opinion is that it's an expansion pack for empire total war.....but the truth is YOU DO NOT need empire total war to play Naploleon total war.
gameplay.co.uk NTW standard edition= £17.99.....imperial edition £25.99

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Nighthawk a private message Find all posts by Nighthawk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
shadow
just bought ntw imperial edition

Posts 272
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
nice one,see you on the battlefield Very Happy

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 0.7hrs.
Total Played: 1,275hrs.

Are you really committed?

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1