Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

covid 19
1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
the whole worlds getting hit with it, some countries worse than others. are yous staying in doors much as possible? its been a strange few days

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 3.7hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
Colin747
I'm going mad being stuck inside, I'd normally have been out with mates 4/5 days a week so I'm fucking hating this. We can both work from home so at least that gives us something to do during the day.

Maybe try and arrange a few games given that we've got the time now haha I just need to replace the PSU in my new PC, it's making a high pitched noise under load. I thought it was coil wine from my new card but seems to be coming from the PSU.

How are things with you?

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
Kills abit time for yous mate. Its good for a day or two, now starting to take it toll, its all you see or hear now. ( says me opening a thread about it) you stocked up on beer lol.

could do mate, am still using this old artefact, been toying with idea of buying a new pc again, maybe a gumtree deal lol. you got the same pc for gaming and work mate?

karens no left the house, shes worried about it all. just walking the dugs and got a welding project the now to keep me busy.  i might need air lifted out the house when the time comes, to much food lol

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
Nah I've a separate PC for gaming and for work....though work paid for both haha I'll maybe get the PSU ordered tonight, would be nice to have a catch up and a few games.

All my close mates work in the healthcare sector so I'd get lynched if they heard that I'd left the house haha Need something to kill the boredom though. I've spent two days polishing and waxing my gf's car just for something to do, it's like a fucking mirror now lol

What games do you think your machine could play?

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:11 pm Reply with quote
SplatFace
Hah, I see the forums are still kicking! My sorry ass is working at a grocery right now, so I'm not confined to my house due to a "lockdown" or straight up unemployment. I oughta post my latest Rig Specs in another thread. Been building it since 2014 and its just a beauty now. It'll last a quarantine and a half for sure.

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 277
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send SplatFace a private message Find all posts by SplatFace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
— Colin747 wrote
Nah I've a separate PC for gaming and for work....though work paid for both haha I'll maybe get the PSU ordered tonight, would be nice to have a catch up and a few games.

All my close mates work in the healthcare sector so I'd get lynched if they heard that I'd left the house haha Need something to kill the boredom though. I've spent two days polishing and waxing my gf's car just for something to do, it's like a fucking mirror now lol

No bad mate, no bad at all. Quite right mate, the nhs are the true heroes, hopefully the gov remember that in future. What are yous driving these days?  Old skool games, this is a old pc we kept, used it for movies and basic internet crap. Though am still playing coh2 and bf2, have played mtw2, any one those should be ok mate.

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
— SplatFace wrote
Hah, I see the forums are still kicking! My sorry ass is working at a grocery right now, so I'm not confined to my house due to a "lockdown" or straight up unemployment. I oughta post my latest Rig Specs in another thread. Been building it since 2014 and its just a beauty now. It'll last a quarantine and a half for sure.

Aye still here mate,  would be a shame to remove them. Still good to keep in contact with you all. Maybe one day,  make a good return to gaming. You are providing an important service mate, everyone needs to eat. Football players etc  arnt the ones keeping countries going.  Hows things where you live at the moment? Sounds like a good machine.  Good to hear from you mate,  hows Stryker?

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:36 am Reply with quote
SplatFace
— Soulfly wrote
Hows things where you live at the moment? Sounds like a good machine.  Good to hear from you mate,  hows Stryker?

It's not full blown crazies... At least not yet... So many panic buyers though! None of my managers have seen the shelves in the state they are, and we're expecting this to last for several months if not more.  We don't know what items are gonna just vanish from the shelves either. It's definitely the media's fault for overhyping this and quite literally telling people "what they should stock up on."

Its evident a certain item will pick up popularity on the "panic buy list" and from then on its just scarce. Rice, Lentils, Tuna, Tacos, Tortias... Its worse than the kinda panic buying you see during Hurricane scares.

Good to hear from you mate,  hows Stryker?

I'll put this as bluntly as possible. Removed all contact with that asshole. Thought he'd grow up, I was wrong.

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 277
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send SplatFace a private message Find all posts by SplatFace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
Colin747
— Soulfly wrote
— Colin747 wrote

No bad mate, no bad at all. Quite right mate, the nhs are the true heroes, hopefully the gov remember that in future. What are yous driving these days?  Old skool games, this is a old pc we kept, used it for movies and basic internet crap. Though am still playing coh2 and bf2, have played mtw2, any one those should be ok mate.

Yea, it's kind of shit though that this same Government that's praising the NHS are the same ones that didn't want to gives nurses etc. a pay rise only a few weeks ago. Maybe this will give them a different perspective for the future.

I think we're both still driving the same cars as last time haha Alison has her Ford Focus and I'm still driving the 350Z. You driving anything interesting these days?

I'll look about getting CoH 2, BF 2 (is that Bad Company 2 or just BF 2?), and MTW2 installed.

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
— SplatFace wrote
— Soulfly wrote
Hows things where you live at the moment? Sounds like a good machine.  Good to hear from you mate,  hows Stryker?

It's not full blown crazies... At least not yet... So many panic buyers though! None of my managers have seen the shelves in the state they are, and we're expecting this to last for several months if not more.  We don't know what items are gonna just vanish from the shelves either. It's definitely the media's fault for overhyping this and quite literally telling people "what they should stock up on."

Its evident a certain item will pick up popularity on the "panic buy list" and from then on its just scarce. Rice, Lentils, Tuna, Tacos, Tortias... Its worse than the kinda panic buying you see during Hurricane scares.

Good to hear from you mate,  hows Stryker?

I'll put this as bluntly as possible. Removed all contact with that asshole. Thought he'd grow up, I was wrong.

It's the same here mate, I think things have calmed down abit now, they reduced opening hours , first hour opening was for nhs staff and oaps etc. People are limited to  max four of the same item.  Was madness , couldnt get fucking toilet roll, that was everyone's priority.... madness!  Pasta, tinned foods etc were all gone.strange times..

Ahh ok

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
— Colin747 wrote
— Soulfly wrote
— Colin747 wrote

Yea, it's kind of shit though that this same Government that's praising the NHS are the same ones that didn't want to gives nurses etc. a pay rise only a few weeks ago. Maybe this will give them a different perspective for the future.

I think we're both still driving the same cars as last time haha Alison has her Ford Focus and I'm still driving the 350Z. You driving anything interesting these days?

I'll look about getting CoH 2, BF 2 (is that Bad Company 2 or just BF 2?), and MTW2 installed.

Aye, now mps getting 10k extra because working from home.. hopefully it does mate, I'd like to see mps donate that to the nhs , charity etc. Aye same cars , nothing interesting lol fiesta , a fucking ford !!! And a pajero.

You have coh2 lol, good old fashioned battlefield 2, a classic lol.  Mtw2 still has decent numbers, deffinetly worth a few games.

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:20 am Reply with quote
SplatFace
Ah Soulfly did we ever do that 1v1 in Company of Heroes? If ya still haven't got a computer, I hear they just released CoH1 on the iPad LMFAO

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 277
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
— SplatFace wrote
Ah Soulfly did we ever do that 1v1 in Company of Heroes? If ya still haven't got a computer, I hear they just released CoH1 on the iPad LMFAO

haha .aye splat we did ya fanny! you won. first and only 1v1 ive played, mostly play 3v3/4v4. that 1v1 was an eye opener, different tactics needed.  i wish i bought coh2 when it first come out. this relic can still play the old games lol. my cousin was saying should get another pc,said can play cross platform now with cod pc and the xbox??   i remember it being spoke about as "one day" didnt think it had happened. he and everyone i know all are console gamers, if i got another gaming machine, it would be a pc

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:24 am Reply with quote
SplatFace
— Soulfly wrote

haha .aye splat we did ya fanny! you won. first and only 1v1 ive played, mostly play 3v3/4v4. that 1v1 was an eye opener, different tactics needed.  i wish i bought coh2 when it first come out. this relic can still play the old games lol. my cousin was saying should get another pc,said can play cross platform now with cod pc and the xbox??   i remember it being spoke about as "one day" didnt think it had happened. he and everyone i know all are console gamers, if i got another gaming machine, it would be a pc

Cross platforming is officially a thing, but its far from perfect, and for a reason I don't think they'll ever fix... Controllers have a disadvantage against mouse and keyboard by default. Its just the way the control input works. So to make up for this, companies are trying to implement aim-assist in some kind of toned back form to allow console players to compete against PC players. Thing is.... It's an aimbot, you can't tone that down, and it shows in games like the Halo Reach that recently released. CoD similarly. Very frustrating experience to know that every time a controller player aims down their sight, their aim is flicked towards you, and will continue to do so during recoil, damage flinching, etc... I've heard PC players are plugging controllers in and faking the game into believing they're running a console, but still allowing them to use mouse and keyboard + aim assist!

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 277
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
Doesnt sound great mate, like any thing new, it will have issues, bugs. Maybe something they can put right in time.  Mouse and keyboard for me for best gaming experience . Imagine trying to play bf2 back in the day with a control pad

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2