Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
1, 2  Next  :| |:
http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:16 pm
    —
Hmm...

Seeing the way clan wars works, i.e. the clan with the most victories on a providence take ownership, perhaps we might think of making one, somewhat larger(and hence more successful), unified clan for Shogun2.  
I dont mean merge clans or anything that drastic, but perhaps form an alliance that we can all fight together under.  Maybe each clan can have its own symbols on the banners or something. I think I'll purpose this to the Grails as well.

Idk, just thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.  Feel free to voice your opinions against it.   Cool

#2: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 pm
    —
ill speak with generals see what they think mate,leave it with us

#3: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Saspi PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 am
    —
I think it might acatually be backwards, I dont think in shogun clan wars there will be clans with about 100+ members it wouldnt be fair. I believe there will be limits, such as 10 members or so. I might be wrong though.
We could still do this by mixing small groups anyways. Its for you to discuss anyways.

#4: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 am
    —
There's no limit on clan size Saspi.  The clan system works through Steam groups.  You can have 1000+ people in a clan.   Sad   I agree its definitely not fair for the small clans.

Just something to consider.

Hey have you guys decided on clan colors yet?  Maybe that would be the way to show different clans if we do decide to do something like this.  We are leaning toward black with red highlights.

I'm just talking, I'm not trying to pressure anyone.  This is my last post on it till you guys figure out what ya wanna do.   :wink:

The Grailknights seem to be showing some interest...

#5: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:10 pm
    —
OK, I said I wasnt going to post again but just thought you should read and consider this thread:  HERE

I wish I knew more on how the system is going to work, but from the interviews it sounds like the more players the more potential for points.  The most points takes the territory.  If we join forces that will cut down on the number of random people we'd need to add to stay competitive.  Plus we are all vets.

Just more food for thought.  I'll be fine with just fighting beside you guys as allies if thats what you decide.   Twisted Evil

#6: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: MarkuskeinLocation: Spain PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:27 am
    —
I totally agree with this, from what I've seen CA tw active players are about 10 or less, joining forces together will be a good idea, also give us the chance to play with more people.

#7: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm
    —
Romulus we still haven't made a decision yet as one of the Generals is hard to get on teamspeak to discuss your idea of an alliance in shogun 2 multiplayer, once our 3 generals have discussed your idea i can assure you i will let you know our answer right away.
Also i would like to speak to you on teamspeak to get more info on your idea and to hear what other imperators and the grails are saying to it.

#8: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 am
    —
Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.  I should have posted in the embassy not the tavern.  Sorry.

Really the only idea I had was that our three clans(CA, Grails, Imps) fight under one name. ie Steam Group to increase our chances of winning in the clan wars part of multiplayer.  The bigger the group, the more games played, more games played the more points and regions we take over.  We would have a solid core of very skilled players starting out and I think a real possibility of  being competitive, maybe even ranked among the top clans for a few seasons.

We wont be merging, we'll all still wear our clan tags, with separate clan colors, ranks, etc.  

I haven't really thought of any details past that.  I think that step one should be to find out if anyone is even interested in pooling resources for Shogun 2.  If we do then the only other thing I can really think of to do would be to get together on a name and actually form the steam group and add everyone.

I just have to say that if you guys decide it would be better for your clan to keep things as they are now and fight as a separate entity that would be completely understandable.  I wouldn't feel hurt or let down in anyway(in a personal manner).  Nor would my clan mates.

I posted basically the same post(as my first one) on all three sites and this is the responses I got so far:

From the Grails,
Beaner said:
I think it would be fun working closer with our allies.  Very Happy

Clausewitz said:
Yeah, like beaner, i'm up for it.

Mill said:
I am also open to co-operation  Smile

Merlin said:
...and I think CA Imperators and GrailKnights can create a mega clan with hopefully our own banners or we make 1 banner that reflects all 3 of us. So many ways to go so we diffinetly will have to meet to discuss.

From the Imperators,
Boru said:
Im cool with it if everyone else is.

Icesham said:
sounds good to me

Sparta said:
ya me to

Eve said:
Sounds reasonable.

Pazu said:
But seriously, ya great idea Rom, we could form a sortof 'Coalition of the Willing'

They're all showing at least a little interest in forming one, as Merlin put it, mega clan.  If you guys decide one way or the other then our next step will be to get more into the details.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sa_OQgWiPA[/youtube]

Sorry I couldn't resist the you tube.  heehee

#9: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:55 pm
    —
we will try get word to you asap mate

when you first made the post i thought of that part in the movie Very Happy awesome

#10: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Pazu-Kitsune PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 pm
    —
— Imperator_Romulus wrote

I just have to say that if you guys decide it would be better for your clan to keep things as they are now and fight as a separate entity that would be completely understandable.  I wouldn't feel hurt or let down in anyway(in a personal manner).  Nor would my clan mates.

Speak for yourself Rom....{CA} are my only friends if i cant play alongside them then ill....*sniff* be so lonely *sniff*

*cries*

LMAO! Naw were good, im just being silly  Laughing

#11: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 am
    —
Just keeping you informed on a few things being discussed between Imps:

People have posted concern over a loss of clan identity and autonomy.

My response:

Like I said, its not a merger. We would still all fight under our clan names, wear our own clan tags, have our own clan colors. All of our clans would be listed on the steam page with links to each clan, new recruits would be joining the clan that invited them. All "ruling members(ie senate, high council)" would be made officers in the steam group and each of the clans would still run their own affairs and focus on whatever parts of the map they like. Of course we would do better if we coordinate with all three clans but I don't see a scenario were one clan could adversely affect another.

The only purpose this new group would have would be to make us(and our allies) competitive in clan wars. We have always been a good clan but with five or six or even ten good players we just cant compete with larger clans unless we play 24/7.If it were all about K/D ratio this whole thing would be pointless to me, all three of the clans could easily do very well alone, but clan wars are based on wins so its a matter of numbers.  

As swoosh so pointed out on twc:

Quote:
100 player clan wins 30% of games = 30 wins, 30 player clan wins 100% of games = 30 wins.....

Our name is really only known to our closest allies. I'm ready for the glory we deserve. There is strength in unity, strength in numbers. Add that to that the prowess we already have on the battlefield and I think we could be very successful in clan wars.

Of course I'm saying all this with very little knowledge of how clan wars system is going to work in game but this is all based on what I know to be true so far based on interviews.

#12: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 pm
    —
Since this thread is still in the tavern section I'll keep posting updates.   Razz

Discussion on the Grails forum:

It was asked:

how do we choose who will lead this alliance on the map?

My response:

Good question, not sure why it took so long for someone to point that out.  

Since there are so few detail we might indeed have to wait for March 15th to see how the system works.

I read in an interview that if the leader wasnt present, ie online, then leadership of the clan wars(ie. map markers and clan announcements) would fall to any officers that are online.

So... perhaps... we could have someone, idk who vote or something, set up a steam account under the name of the united clan, or maybe have no name at all, just leave it blank... Something with no ties to any one clan and completely neutral.
Then use that account to form our steam group. Invite the three clans to the group, set the council/senate members as officers and give then the same rights as the "leader" account. Then the account would then be set to private and never be used again. We could give the account info(email/password) to the three clan leaders(whom everyone I think agrees are 100% trustworthy) just in case something has to be done that only a leader can do.

So essentially, if I'm thinking about this the right way, we would have no "leader" the officers would be in charge.

As far as cooperation and coordination thats something that we still have to work out. Fortunately we all have steam, xfire, and three awesome forums so I dont think getting together for a strategy session will be that hard. There isnt much to it(in a grand strategy sense) other then picking a providence to focus attacks on.

Even if for some odd reason we don't cooperate every battle that a member plays adds to the groups total. Essentially, the way it works, everyone is free to do whatever they like on the clan wars map, attack here, attack there, whatever. They dont technically have to listen to what the leader says. My point being that the "leader" isnt that important overall. He mearly designates points on the map that he would like to see focused on that day. We can simply decide to do that on a per clan basis or hopefully, and much more likely, the heads of the three clans will get together and form a common strategy.

I wish they would release some more details on how the system works exactly...

Again, feel free to point out any flaws in my thinking, or add your own ideas. I dont want it to be a Rom only project.

#13: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: MarkuskeinLocation: Spain PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 pm
    —
damn the video is really apropiate xD

#14: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:08 pm
    —
At this point in the discussion I think its pretty much been decided to put off the decision until after release.  Unless of course someone decides against it before then.   Wink

See you on the field.  Ten more days and counting.   8)

HAIL CA!

#15: No icon Re: Alliance of the clans under one banner? NOT A MERGER Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:41 pm
    —
No worries Hawk, this way you'll have more time to discuss what you guys wanna do.  I'm not tring to pressure anyone.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2