New Speakers came today.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon New Speakers came today. Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 am
    —
Well my new P.A speakers came today, i DJ as a hobby but now i'm thinking of going mobile. I bought myself a pair of Behringer Eurolive B412DSP Active (built in amps) and they came this morning (Wednesday). I searched all the UK DJ stores and they were selling for between £650-£700 a pair, but i got my pair for £488.56 from a store in Germany
thomann.de, nice guys those Germans to give them to me for that price, and they were brand spanking new with a thomann 3 year warranty. Anyway while i was out walking the dog they got delivered, i came home and there was two huge boxes in the hallway, my mum said the delivery guy was struggling to carry one box up the staircase to my house...lol, and no wonder these beasts weight in at 30kg/65lbs per speaker, that's almost 5 stone, so i unpacked them, set them up, but could only turn the volume up about 2mm on the volume knob and i had to turn the bass knob to zero as these things have serious bass, these things are fooking loud as hell....in fact they would not look out of place in a club, or sound out of place in a club or very large public bar. They are 26 inches high ( 2 inches taller than 2 foot high), they are 15 inches wide and 14.5 inches deep. They have a 12 inch woofer and 1.75 inch tweeter and are 600watts each speaker, and the sound quality is just awesome. Here is a link to them for those who want a peek at them.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B412DSP.aspx

I am also waiting on my other set of speakers American Audio XSP 10A's coming either Thursday or Friday, these are a little smaller than the Behringers and lighter, but with the two sets of speakers linked together will give me 2000 watts of power, and i'll be able to rock a venue with 100-200 people. Here is a link to the other speakers.

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR346337

#2: No icon Re: New Speakers came today. Author: JudgeDeadLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:21 am
    —
alot of bass hmm sounds like somthing i might invest in to play bad company with so it feels like i actualy got shot lol

#3: No icon Re: New Speakers came today. Author: Freddy PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    —
i think the bass would be so loud it would actually blast you a few km away Razz

#4: No icon Re: New Speakers came today. Author: DefektLocation: Sandefjord, Norway PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:53 pm
    —
Hehe nice one, I've bought a pair of CerwinVega 12" strokers for my car now still waiting. They do around 3000w each on the peak, should probably hear them good enough when the volume goes up. Seen some videos on them on youtube and the cars looks like they are inside an earthquake with the roof jumping up n down n stuff. Looking forward to get them mounted kinda.. bit more worried for the paint job  Rolling Eyes

#5: No icon Re: New Speakers came today. Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:35 pm
    —
Meaty Beady Big And Bouncy.

Nice investment.

#6: No icon Re: New Speakers came today. Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:01 pm
    —
The devils music! Was a laugh when smokey said that on ts

Kool speakers,how many gigs will it take make that £ up

#7: No icon Re: New Speakers came today. Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:50 pm
    —
well at my grandsons christening the DJ charged £100 for doing 5 hours, so £20 an hour is not bad money for doing something you enjoy. And my speaker setup is way better than the dj who did the christening. I was gonna spend £1600 on building a new PC but decided i wanted to start doing my mobile DJ. It cost roughly the same. I need to start getting some gigs to get some money back, good thing is that nothing is taken out on higher purchase, all paid for in cash.

Asus k5dij laptop with intel core 2 T4400@2.2Ghz with 4 gig RAM, 250GB Hard drive, windows 7 home premium 64bit -£400
Numark mixtrack USB DJ controller - £129
Native Instruments Audio 2DJ Professional USB sound card - £80
Behringer B412DSP speakers (Pair) - £488.56
American audio XSP 10A speakers (Pair) - £318
Audio cables - £50
Total cost = £1465.56

Plus i already have
2 pair of AKG K181DJ headphones - £134
1 pair of Technics RPDH 1200 headphones - £90
Traktor DJ Studio 3 - free ( i was a beta tester)
Traktor PRO - £60 (got reduced upgrade as i owned previous version of Traktor)
46.5GB nearly 4000 dance tracks all paid for (at least £1 per track though about 3500 of them cost £1.50) plus all my other non dance music.
Total cost = £6034

Total spent on DJ equipment and music tracks = £7499.56

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1