How to post Screenshots/Images
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon How to post Screenshots/Images Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 pm
    —
Theres 3 options the first one id say the better:

1.photobucket

Create a free account at www.photobucket.com.Once you have loged in select upload then choose files or browse depending what version of the uploader your using,now find the file you wish to upload.Once the file is uploaded copy and pste the IMG code into the forum.

2.Imageshack

You dont need a account at www.imageshack.us but unlike photobucket your images are not stored so you dont have the option of going back and viewing at sompoint.The CA forum aslo uses imageshack read http://s1.zetaboards.com/caforum/topic/920403/1/#new for more information

3.Xfire

Another reason why we use this great program you can take in game screenshots when you press scroll lock + s (default setting) after you leave the game xfire will upload them to your profile,simply go to your profile view the screenshot click on share this screenshot then copy and paste the BBCode into the forum.

Please remember to keep your screenshots/images no bigger than 649x480

#2: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:26 am
    —
Hey! I thought might add some usefull insight to this here informational post!

The menu at the top of the post box for the chat, includes all sorts of buttons. But does everyone know how to use them?

Here's the basics.
So you have: http://www.google.images.com/blahblah/blah

Posting an image with the adress is possible, however, it may not be sized correctly!
The key factor in making a post with pictures look nice, is the size, and the formatting of the text around it.
The size, must be set before posting. So uploading your picture to one of the suggested image upload sights is the most simple, and easiest way to have a picture resized.

(This step by step process below assumes image:Blahblah, was already an exceptable size for the post.)

Step One
Copy/Paste the adress into the fourms' post box.
Step Two
Once you have the adress in the box, highlight the adress you just pasted into the box.
Step Three
Find the button in the BBCode menu at the top of the post box, [img]Example[/img]
Finished!

I have noticed some posts, are a bit hard to read, it's fine if English is not your native language! But I have a hard time understanding posts for example:
• The Space Bar Fail; icant use the spacebar,efficiantly.lol

Hidden: 
I'm pretty sure, new clan members are gonna want to take part in the fourms with nice clear and understandable posts.
It is completly and totaly exceptable if English, is not your native language!

Honestly, I make typing errors, but I usually go back and fix them ._.

The cleaner the posts, the better the fourms look to a guest!
Hope this helped, and inspired the members of {CA}!

#3: No icon Re: How to post Screenshots/Images Author: CrimsonAssurance PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:27 am
    —
What about the image upload (to cloud) in Steam?
You can set share with public or share with friends.
Other clan members can browse your screen shots easily from your steam name.

The main advantage is one click and its done.  But also it's easier to browse the images than on the form and the user interface is only likely to get better in the future as Steam develops.

Just checking your opinions, because I have shots in Steam but don't fancy spending time copying them to another hosting service and then posting links on the forum.

Crimson

#4: No icon Re: How to post Screenshots/Images Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:15 pm
    —
for now we stick to how it is untill steam lets you copy and paste a code to the forum, the idea is to show others how your doing and to show your active in clan but also to get members active on forums. if we just say browse the steam page then it defeats the purpose

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1