WoT back Sept 1st
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon WoT back Sept 1st Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 am
    —
The WoT servers will be back up on the 1st. Razz

Taken from: http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/stand_by_till_1_09

World of Tanks closed beta goes to stand-by mode till September 1

We are planning some big updates for the World of Tanks closed beta, which will include launching new game servers in North America and delivering a fresh patch containing new game features. To make sure everything works well, we will halt the game servers from 9 a.m. GMT August 26 till September 1.

On September 1, we will be on air again with all the players connected to the American servers. Several days after that, the new 0.5 patch will be rolled out with several new features, which are:

Squad fights.
A squad will include 2 to 3 people and will allow players to invite their friends and join a random battle as a single fighting unit, which will help them coordinate their actions and maneuvers.

Additional modules.
Install rammers and increase your firing rate, take suspension stiffeners and improve your tank’s tonnage, decrease visibility by installing a camouflage net, choose between dozens of upgrades that differ depending on a tank model you choose.

Crew kits.
Equip you tank crew with fire extinguishers, repair kits, first-aid sets and other elements, with each of them providing extra help in battles.

With the new patch rolled out, all beta testers will get 5000 gold each to test the new game features. The patch will be followed by a “light” wipe when the players will go back to tier 1 tanks, but all the experience they have earned will be converted into free experience which they will be able to use at their leisure. All credits will remain as well, and losing all the tanks, modules, and shells will be compensated by corresponding amount of credits spent on buying them. If a player had a premium tank or shells, compensation will be arranged in respectful amount of gold.

Stay tuned, we’ll be informing you on all major events on World of Tanks.
Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 pm
    —
my wife freaked out (she started playing WoT 2 days before they took it down).

#3: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm
    —
— Kuebel
my wife freaked out (she started playing WoT 2 days before they took it down).

Twisted Evil Thats the coolest sentence I've read in the last year!

I changed the title accordingly. Heehee

This patch looks awsome, I cant wait.

#4: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:23 pm
    —
Finally! I can have a chance at killing those bastards that had the MAUS or the IS-4!

#5: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:24 am
    —
So after looking at the forums, and only reading what the admins and developers post, this is what I've gathered.

1. Servers are being moved from germany to the east coast of the US on the 1st, but patch will be a few days later. I had no problem playing from the US, so you guys should be fine.

2. The new servers will handle bigger loads, so most likely will have more than the 30 players max we have now.

3. We can now play in squads of 3, so at least some of us are always on the same team in random battles.

4. Still get 150 gold per day, but not unless you have under 3000. So spend some gold right off.

5. The patch will add 2 new maps, with a 3rd added soon after.

6. You dont get to keep your old crews.

Also alittle math I did:
5000 gold is 2000000(2 million) credits
If you train a full crew up to 50% it will cost 1250 gold
With 5000 gold you can buy 2 months of premium account (dont)

#6: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am
    —
Their moving the servers?
Hope they'll setup european ones again when they do the release (they probably will considering Russia has it's own servers and they're playing a full version apparently).

@ Point #2, I think they mean the cluster can support bigger loads, meaning we won't get as much lag when there are over a few thousand people on. Can't see them increasing the number of people in actual battles (not yet anyway, 30 is ok for testing the maps out, and the current maps'll be a bit overcrowded with more than 30, in my opinion anyway).

@ Point #3, At least one person in the squad has to have premium active.

@ Point #6, Aye, I read that the day they took it down, pretty shit to be honest with you, I had one set of crew on 90%+, and all the others were from 70-90%.

@ Your maths: 5,000 x 200 = 1,000,000... Also with a premium account you can grind up the credits in a day (plus you get a big fat xp bonus) that you'd otherwise get from converting (in fact I made a "profit" last time).

#7: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm
    —
xD ehm can anybody tell me how long it takes to get the beta key? I am still waiting? I had my registration 2 weeks ago... Greetings

#8: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 pm
    —
Depends on where you registered. If you registered at the site Romulus original posted, then you get it instantly (it's not sent to your email though, it's on the page that you click on when verifying your email address iirc, READ the website after logging in and you'll find it somewhere). If you registered for the beta through the official website, I've no idea how long it'll take for you to get the key, if you get one at all.

#9: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm
    —
— Kuebel
Their moving the servers?
Hope they'll setup european ones again when they do the release (they probably will considering Russia has it's own servers and they're playing a full version apparently).

@ Point #2, I think they mean the cluster can support bigger loads, meaning we won't get as much lag when there are over a few thousand people on. Can't see them increasing the number of people in actual battles (not yet anyway, 30 is ok for testing the maps out, and the current maps'll be a bit overcrowded with more than 30, in my opinion anyway).

@ Point #3, At least one person in the squad has to have premium active.

@ Point #6, Aye, I read that the day they took it down, pretty shit to be honest with you, I had one set of crew on 90%+, and all the others were from 70-90%.

@ Your maths: 5,000 x 200 = 1,000,000... Also with a premium account you can grind up the credits in a day (plus you get a big fat xp bonus) that you'd otherwise get from converting (in fact I made a "profit" last time).

Yeah, they are moving everyone to the US server to test it. Dont worry they will move them back to EU before the beta is over. They will definately have regional servers when the game comes out.

@ #2 The game will be 30 vs 30 when it comes out. Your right about it helping lag but it will also allow for more player per team. Something they are going to do before the beta is over, and most likely on the new US server.

@ #3 Really? Thats an odd thing to do in the beta. Bummer, but should be easy enough, or just keep playing the way we have been I guess...

@ #6 Yeah I had two full crews maxed. Crying or Very sad It sounds like they are adding new crew abilities, or makeing the ones they already had work. I'm not really clear on this but whatever they are doing changes it too much for us to keep to old ones.

@ Your math: 1 gold = 400 credits. So... 5000 gold is 2000000(2 million) credits.
And are you saying you can get 1 million credits a day grinding a priemium account? Shocked

Hey CelticJay, where did you try to get your key from? It really shouldnt have taken more then an hour or two at the most. Depending on, like Kuebel said, where you got it. They stopped giving out betas on Aug 18th. Sad

#10: No icon  Author: Adrics PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:32 pm
    —
The servers are back again Very Happy

#11: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm
    —
I just logged on,everything is the same.spose it will be updated tomorrow

#12: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm
    —
1. Servers are being moved from germany to the east coast of the US on the 1st, but patch will be a few days later.

Maybe I'm making my posts too long...

#13: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm
    —
lol sorry mate,hands up i didnt read it all.am happy enough servers are back up.i can now idle on bf2 and play wot while starting server,good enough for me.5000 gold is added Very Happy

#14: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 am
    —
Heehee. Very Happy

It almost sounds like the new patch will be tomorrow. Twisted Evil

#15: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 am
    —
Weird, was my reply deleted for some reason, or did I forget to press the submit button?

Anyway. I thought the exchange rate was 1 gold = 200 credits, and you can easily get 50k credits in a day when using premium. 50k credits = 250 gold at the 200 credit exchange rate that I thought it was.

I'm currently having trouble connecting to it right now, tells me "Unable to connect to the network". Are they updating it now?

#16: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:06 am
    —
no posts were deleted that i know of mate,server is onlline ive been on for 2 hours Very Happy

#17: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 pm
    —
YAY!!! I registered and requested the beta key on 16th Aug and today I found the invite Wink

Edit: got the next problem I can't even log me in (window with email and password)
Server busy please try again...

#18: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:16 pm
    —
— CelticJay
YAY!!! I registered and requested the beta key on 16th Aug and today I found the invite Wink

Edit: got the next problem I can't even log me in (window with email and password)
Server busy please try again...

when you get that message keep trying to connect mate,happens to me sometimes

#19: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:22 pm
    —
— CelticJay

Great news!

Hey you need 15 people to be a clan on WoT. What do you guys think about making one when it comes out? I'm thinking of calling it Tanks Alot. Laughing

EDIT: PATCH INFO IN SPOILER

Hidden: 
Patch details:
last updated September 2, 2010

We are updating our game servers to beta 0.5.4.1 today. This procedure will be accompanied by “soft” reset/wipe user accounts. The details of this reset have been described here and here.

There are some more of them:

1) 5000 gold will be assigned as soon as the beta restarts, i.e. before the wipe and the 0.5.4.1 update
2) Your premium accounts will be extended (those which were active when the servers had been shut down). I.e. if you had 2 more days of premium, you will get 2 day of premium when the beta restarts.
3) 3000 gold will be added to your account after the wipe as a refund for your crews.
4) The other wipe details stay the same.

Server shutdown is scheduled for 3.00 am EST / 8.00 am GMT. Server downtime length is not fixed. Registration for World of Tanks closed beta will be temporary unavailable. Premium accounts will be extended for the time of server downtime.

Changelog 0.4.5 - 0.5.4.1
Major changes:
- Introduced new system of waiting list for the battle formation.
- Added squad mode – possibility for two or three players to join the same battle (additional menu selection under the "Battle!" button).
- Introduced expendables – modules that can be used during the battle. Purchase and installations is through 3 slots in the hangar, to the right from the additional equipment slots.
- Reworked additional equipment: now some equipment cannot be uninstalled after being put on the tank, some equipment are divided into classes, introduced different prices for different types of equipment.
- Introduced crosshair settings. So far it's a test version with limited number of settings.
- Added 2 new maps: Erlenberg and Pagorki.
- Added new german TD level 9 - JagdTiger.
- Reintroduced markers "Attacking" and "Need help".
- Removed possibility of transferring experience from non-elite tank into the free experience.
- Added message when attempting to sell tank with crew or with installed additional equipment on it.
- Removed mortar trajectory for SPG.
- New calculations for the base capturing: large number of tanks at the base doesn't lead to the instant base capture.
- Changed the way the general channel works: now when player starts the game, (s)he does not get connected automatically to the general channel - to connect you need to open the channel window. Also when entering the battle, player gets disconnected from the general chat. When coming back from the battle, player will need to open the general channel window to reconnect.

Balance and gameplay:
- Reworked prices for all tanks and modules.
- Reworked profitability of tanks.
- Multiple balance changes for almost all tanks.
- Changed terms of receiving several medals of "hero of a battle".
- Doubled the price of transferring tank experience into free experience.
- Reduced cost of training crew members for gold.
- Reduced chance of fire for Maus' engine.
- Fixed damage models for several tanks.
- Reworked the influence of the driver on tank speed and maneuverability.
- Fixed possibility of the track to fully absorb the projectile.
- Fixed HE ricochet bug, which also sometimes led to reset of ammo selection into the first type, even though interface indicated that 2nd or 3rd type being used.
- Fixed errors with difficulty to destroy the open-air SPG when shooting into the open section.
- Limited changes in the repair cost for some tanks (to balance game economics).
- Fixed error when sometimes HE projectiles couldn't destroy the tracks.
- Increased number of slots for additional equipment to 3.

Content:
- Improved effects of shots and tank explosions.
- Added destruction for some objects.
- Added new effects for different types of destructible objects.
- Reworked hitpoints of destructible objects.
- Fixed speed of traverse rotation on some tanks.
- Fixed tire rotation on tanks Pz IV and T-28.
- Fixed errors in models of some tanks.
- Fixed excessive gloss of trunks on some trees.
- Improved and added some sounds.

Maps:
- Fixed and reworked minimaps.
- Lakeville: Fixed pass-ability and destruction of several objects.
- Ensk: improved decorations.
- Malinovka: fixed entrances into water.
- Murovanka: fixed appearance of "weird polygons", improved general performance.
- In order to improve performance, some extra objects were removed from the maps.

Interface:
- Added password saving option. The saved password is encoded.
- Fixed bug when settings "notification from other players" would not save.
- Fixed error with desyncing of counters before the start of battle.
- "Guard" vehicles renamed to "Elite".
- Fixed several typos.
- Fixed notification "Battle begins" which is visible throughout the battle.
- Fixed notification when you are trying to buy a tank you don't have enough money for.
- Reworked window with tanker's personal data.
- Added separate setting for wide-screen display mode.
- Fixed bug with blurry messages in hangar.
- Penetration "traffic light" (red-yellow-green will you penetrate or not) now does not work through the obstacles.
- Fixed small errors in the purchase window of a tank.
- Now in hangar only the tanker's experience will be reflected, without the commander's bonus.
- Added separate icons for premium HE shells.
- Improved icons of tankers in the hangar.
- When you click RMB in the strategic mode turret/gun will stop rotation.
- Return of the tip about in-game help (F1) to the loading screen.
- Added display of prices for all operations as floating messages in the hangar
- Added display of spread in armor-piercing and damage in the interface.
- Fixed switching from email to password by pressing TAB in the login window.
- Improved player's stats window.
- Expanded display of stats for other players and their tanks.
- Fixed error: "list of modules does not fit the edges of the window in the window mode".
- Fixed error with opening 2x information windows for modules when clicking RMB once.
- Fixed messages when unable to install turret because of weight limit.
- Removed confirmation window when leaving the battle waiting room.
- Added dialog window to turn on speed up crew training.
- Reworked display of tanker's personnel file and their training.
- Added possibility of changing face and name of the crew member.
- Added description of achievements/medals.
- Added description of secondary skills.
- Fixed error when some modules wouldn't display in the depot.
- Removed ticked off position of "ready for battle" square box in the tank lineup filter in the hangar.
- Fixed error with resizing of the tank after every hangar update.
- Added display of slot price on the slot itself.
- New hangar "header".
- Fixed error with display of Tip99.
- Fixed "compression" of the game window after switching from full screen into window mode by pressing Alt+Enter.
- Added images of medals to mark player's achievements.
- Fixed errors with display of side armor of some "open-air" SPGs.
- Fixed error: "When entering some amount of gold for exchange from a keyboard the key "exchange" stays inactive".
- Fixed error: «Entering the amount of experience on "elite" tank from a keyboard stays blocked.»
- Fixed wrong information on armor thickness of the tank in the store.
- Fixed error of exiting into the hangar without interface instead of entering the battle.
- Fixed some errors in the interface texts.

System:
- Fixed "black skies" bug.
- Fixed game crash when closing messages in the hangar.
- Fixed game crash with wrong tank coordinates.
- Fixed error with tank being moved beyond the edge of the map in the final stats of the battle.
- Reduced usage of system and video memory (approximately by 10-20% on different maps).
- Removed possibility of starting two clients at the same time.
- Reworked mechanics of memory cleanup. Now when the maximum RAM reached the game decreases texture resolution. And when it reaches the limit again - the game offers to restart the client.

#20: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:08 pm
    —
Hey sorry but I tried it the whole day and sometimes I clicked 100 times the button but there is still the same message...

Thanks for your help Smile

#21: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:15 pm
    —
I've been having the same problem for the past 2 days celtic jay. Says I need to update now though and then sends me to an error page Very Happy

#22: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 pm
    —
patch is out now,open the launcher and let it update

#23: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:40 pm
    —
yayy finally i get it after 4 hours of downloading what should be a 20 min download!!!!

#24: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:46 pm
    —
about time mate,now you can pick a new tank!or have you picked already?

#25: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:00 pm
    —
nah fuckin isnt workin bitch game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

when i open launcher it says -

error update: the patch was not installed

after it checks for patches. the patch is in my WoT update folder it just hasnt installed correctly Sad(((((((((((((((((((((

#26: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:48 pm
    —
OOKKKAYYYY

There rolling out an emergency patch ATM all servers are down for a little while so they can make a new patch probably like 10mb to fix some issues with the new patch!!!

Hopefully it fixes my problem also people say it will fix a battle sorting bug which is causing unballanced teams...

#27: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:12 pm
    —
ok thank for the info. I updatet the game but like shadow said ther is still "Server busy.Please, try again later.

#28: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:15 pm
    —
yea an official member of the forums working at wargaming said at 7pm gmt that it would take at least another hour because of some trouble with the balancing system but he wouldnt go into detail on other fixes.

which is pissing me off coz i want i fix for my problem!!!

#29: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:18 pm
    —
OKKAAYYY!!!

(10Mb download)

WERE BACK UP AND RUNNING

I will post my success soon!! Wish me luck! Razz

#30: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:24 pm
    —
lol i just worked out my dl rate...

1kb/sec. No joke 9mb remaining it says 4 secs remaining for the last 10 mins !!! Razz

#31: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:01 pm
    —
So i get the same problem error with the fail to install so i made a post
--> http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/7590-maintenance-works-september-2-v2/page__st__120__gopid__101987&#entry101987 but they are just ignoring mine and many others post about this problem and talking about there cool new tanks and shit. If anyone here can help please reply!

#32: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:32 pm
    —
i see its a problem alot have,i know its a long shot try uninstall the game and reinstall then try download the patch

#33: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm
    —
You can also try downloading from their site. http://game.worldoftanks.com/update One of the downloads is from megaupload, I know they download fast.

#34: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:29 pm
    —
Thanks 4 the help am downloading it now so it will be ready in the morning. Should have he 5.5pm left to do inthe morning but it's not too bad they will be a bit quieter should take 30secs

#35: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:08 am
    —
My brother got an error, turns out his hard drive was full. Razz Just thought I'd throw that out there. Wink

It took my computer about ten min to fully update. Sorry to hear you guys having all these problems.

Oh and the imperator channel stayed up, but all my contacts are gone. So we'll have to re-add eachother. I hope you all come back to our channel. Very Happy

#36: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 pm
    —
Downloading the updates now. Maybe I'll actually be able to join the friggin game. This migration and update are total fail for me right now, really not enjoying the WoT experience Razz
Fuck I'm not even *having* an experience right now...

#37: No icon  Author: CelticJayLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:55 pm
    —
Hey there guys my WoT game is activated and I had my first three battles, it is a nice game but it I wondered that you can Play Russia&Germany vs. Germany&Russia the other thing is that you have to pay 50 gold to rename your tank crew...
The graphic is good and there are lots of options to customize your tanks.

So if you want to open a clan in WoT you can count me in...

#38: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
    —
— CelticJay
Hey there guys my WoT game is activated and I had my first three battles, it is a nice game but it I wondered that you can Play Russia&Germany vs. Germany&Russia the other thing is that you have to pay 50 gold to rename your tank crew...
The graphic is good and there are lots of options to customize your tanks.

So if you want to open a clan in WoT you can count me in...

it makes it more fun jay,it would be unbalenced if each side could only take tanks from the one country.there will be other countrys added when the game comes out.

do you mean train your crew instead of rename?

when you go online mate remember to add us to your contacts and also click channels,search imp and join the imperator channel.we all use that while in game.

#39: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 pm
    —
— Kuebel
Downloading the updates now. Maybe I'll actually be able to join the friggin game. This migration and update are total fail for me right now, really not enjoying the WoT experience Razz
Fuck I'm not even *having* an experience right now...

Hope you get it sorted man.

Yeah CelticJay, the beta only has random battles. The full game will have a ton of historical battles, clan battle, etc. I havent tried to rename my guys yet. 50 gold? That sucks. Guess I wont be doing that.

So who else wants to me in my TANKS ALOT clan? Heehee

#40: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 pm
    —
— Imperator_Romulus
So who else wants to me in my TANKS ALOT clan? Heehee

Tough to say mate,the generals are talking about making this a CA game,leave it with me

#41: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:44 am
    —
— Soulfly
— Imperator_Romulus
So who else wants to be in my TANKS ALOT clan? Heehee

Tough to say mate,the generals are talking about making this a CA game,leave it with me

Nah I was just joking. I wanted to see if anyone would laugh at the name.. TANKS ALOT Laughing No...? Not that funny? Confused Razz So just to be clear, I would never recruit people from someones else's clan. Let-alone a friend and ally. Wink

Well sweet, I'm glad you guys like it enough to make it a clan game. Twisted Evil And just think, when the game comes out everyone will start in an MS-1 again. It'll be like shooting noobs in a barrel. Heehee I'd try to get at least 15 people so you can start invading the beaches on day 1.

Man that would be awsome. Day 1 clan wars: 15 MS-1's and Lechtreckesr vs 15 MS-1's and Lechtreckers.

#42: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 am
    —
Its not such a bad idea mate,say it doesnt become a clan game or either clan cant get 15 players then it would be good to fight with our allies in clan games in wot.Id rather be fighting with imperator than against them. Also how many of us would be playing wot if you never posted?As for tanks alot,lol why not?A name with some humour,shows the members in the clan/group are not to serious and are more about having fun,what gaming is all about Very Happy

#43: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:28 am
    —
Well, I'm back up and running. I guess you can tell I like the game cause of how annoyed I was getting at not being able to play it Razz
Well, CA has 2 potential members for their WoT division, me and my wife (she's an artillery whor-...uh...she likes to mince about in spawn with an SPG ).

#44: No icon  Author: shadowLocation: Newcastle, England PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 am
    —
lol kuebel Very Happy hopefully we can soon get this game official in CA Razz

#45: No icon  Author: KuebelLocation: Niedersachsen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:03 pm
    —
So, played 3 battles so far since I finally got it working. Some things I've noticed:

- The autobalancing feature totally fucking sucks, I'm getting dumped into a battle with Tigers, IS-3s and shit in an almost elite A-20. On the other end, I'm getting put into battles with PzIII/IV, Luchs, T-48s and shit when I'm in a PzII.
- Leads on to: there's no point having elite light tanks anymore to farm a few "recruit battles" (not that they exist anymore), might as well sell them and just go for the two biggest tanks you can possibly afford/research, because with an elite tank, you're not being placed with the correct tier, you're being bumped up so your tank is basically shite. I have a fully upgraded PzIV that I need to grind 20k XP on to get the next tank up, same with a russian A-20, and both are dumped with Tiger I, IIs, IS-3s and other heavy tanks, I'm basically the only medium and I'm usually down there at the bottom with the Bisons (don't even know what the fuck is up with the Bisons being in there).
- PzIVs seem to be a waste of space now, just another "stepping stone" to the heavies.
- Premium tanks are still useless (actually bought one since I had a few thousand gold to spare, sold it after the one battle I fought with it lol).
- XP gains seem to have been lowered somewhat, at least for me, while credit gains have been increased.
- No noticeable change in how the game runs since the move to the US in terms of ping/fps. Ping was 30-50 when in europe, is now around 100-120, but I don't notice anything, in fact it feels a bit smoother right now, I haven't noticed any "hopping" of enemy tanks.

#46: No icon  Author: Imperator_Romulus PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 pm
    —
I hope you guys dont mind me posting here as much as I have been. I cant seem to get a good discussion going on my clans site.

Your right about the lobby, I dont know if I like it yet or not. I'm not sure if its because of the new lobby system or because everyone has better tanks now. It was very easy to get 2 full platoons on the same team...so that was awesome.

One thing I would suggest is to stick with one faction and one branch of the tech tree. It will take you forever if you switch back and forth between Germany and the USSR.

And I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at all of you CA that bought the Churchill. Laughing

#47: No icon  Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 am
    —
— Imperator_Romulus
I hope you guys dont mind me posting here as much as I have been. I cant seem to get a good discussion going on my clans site.

No problem at all mate,feel free to post/open topics much as you want.

And I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at all of you CA that bought the Churchill. :lol

LOL
i did,now sold at a loss Sad

World of Tanks is now a {CA} game,thanks for letting us know about this very good game

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1