Fatal error during installation
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

#1: No icon Fatal error during installation Author: SgtStrykerLocation: In the yard mowing the grass... PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:47 pm
    —
Cannot Install this Hardware

There was a problem installing this hardware:

HID Non-User Input Data Filter

An error occurred during the installation of the device

Fatal error during installation

I am trying to get my joystick to work again. I have tried software and drivers from their website without any luck. Its a Cyborg X joystick.

#2: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:07 am
    —
Pretty intresting.

Have you tried plugging the joystick in while the pc is off, and then starting it withthe joystick still plugged in?

Another idea is to check out the product information on the CD if it came with one, sometimes there's a troubleshoot with some useful tips.

#3: No icon  Author: SgtStrykerLocation: In the yard mowing the grass... PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 am
    —
Yes, I think I have. There was no CD that came with it.

#4: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:30 pm
    —
Alright, there is a possibility that something has screwed up. There might be remains of the old installation still on the computer. This may be the cause because it most likely is not up to date in the Driver Updates.

Try finding the latest driver download for that joystick, and install the update. Then restart the computer with the Joystick plugged in. If it doesn't bring up a window stating the recognition of the joystick, just unplug it and then plug it in.

Hope this helps!

#5: No icon  Author: SgtStrykerLocation: In the yard mowing the grass... PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:30 pm
    —
Cant install drivers, says an error. Evil or Very Mad

#6: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:30 am
    —
What was the error given when attempting to install the driver update?

If I can't determine what might be the problem based on the error code, you might just have to search for that folder containing the corrupt files of the old installation for the joystick.

#7: No icon  Author: SgtStrykerLocation: In the yard mowing the grass... PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:09 am
    —
There was no old installation.

#8: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 am
    —
Yes, but if there is no CD, the information needed for the Joystick Setup is mounted inside the Joystick itself. If you plug it in, and it says "Fatal error during installation" obviously it's adding something to the pc.

#9: No icon  Author: SgtStrykerLocation: In the yard mowing the grass... PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm
    —
You will have to help me on teamspeak. Im confused. Sad

#10: No icon  Author: SplatFaceLocation: Behind you. PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:36 pm
    —
Look. Spent about 5-10 minuets on this, lol... Don't question the motives... Surprised
Step 1

- Attempt to install a driver update for the Joystick.

Step 1b (If error is given)

- Copy the error message and post the exact words (including numbers).

Step 2 (If no solution is created after seeing the error)

- Search through files on your PC for anything named similar to your joystick, or anything that is named "Joystick"

Step 2b

- Report on what you've found. If you see any files related to "Joystick" name them, with there file extensions, or copy them to the desktop and take a screenshot.

Example: Joystick.txt
Name of File - "Joystick"
File Extension = .txt <---- In this case, "joystick.txt" is an item created with Notepad.

- Wait for a response from me regarding what the files may be, and what to do with them.

Step 3 (If told do so)

- Delete the files listed.

- Attempt to install the driver updates for the Joystick.

Step 4 (If error STILL)

- Make a few last searches on the internet. Examples key phrases/words:
Joystick installation has experienced a fatal error during installation
Fatal Error during joystick installation
Error after plugging in joystick
Joystick will not work after plugging in
Joystick plugged in states fatal error during installation
Fatal error occurred while installing joystick

Step 4b

- Ask some people at Best-Buy
- Post on the product forums (Yes, the wait might be long...)

Step 5 (Do not do unless told otherwise!)

- Buy another joystick.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1