Wireless Card
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

#1: No icon Wireless Card Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:25 pm
    —
After years of using a ethernet cable ive decided to go wireless. I know feck all about wireless cards, maybe there all as good as each other..I ll probaly search later. Before i go out and buy one can anyone recommend one or can help at all would be appreciated. Cheers

#2: No icon Re: Wireless Card Author: Freddy PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:29 pm
    —
how come you're switching to wireless? i had wireless ages ago but it was shite, kept losing connection to everything (kind of like now Razz) but now that i have wired cable things are much better, and stable

#3: No icon Re: Wireless Card Author: Saspi PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm
    —
Im using a usb wireless adaptor on my pc and I havent had any problems, in fact speed is pretty good almost as good as when i used ethernet cable.
Since you are going for a wireless card I got no recommendations.

This is exactly a pic of the one im using:

#4: No icon Re: Wireless Card Author: Saspi PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 pm
    —
— Freddy wrote
how come you're switching to wireless? i had wireless ages ago but it was shite, kept losing connection to everything (kind of like now Razz) but now that i have wired cable things are much better, and stable

I guess it depends on the router you have, with some you will loss conection allot(like the one on the working place where im right now) but with others the connection will be almost always constant and good. I have a good router because my service provider implemented a new program to modernize all their clients routers for free, I got lucky Smile .

#5: No icon Re: Wireless Card Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:10 pm
    —
— Soulfly wrote
After years of using a ethernet cable ive decided ive had enough of decent connections and want to sporadically lose connection for no reason

Fixed.

Seriously though, stick with an ethernet cable, I had wireless for ages and I still dropped constantly even though I'm less than 5ft away from the router.

If you do go for it, you would probably be better off getting a new router that comes with a wireless dongle.

Belkin make some good kit. Had my Belkin router for about 4 years now, throws out a solid signal for the most part.

Wireless is good for phones and tablets, not gaming.

#6: No icon Re: Wireless Card Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:34 am
    —
TP-LINK,  i have their wireless N router and pci wireless card and i'm upstairs and router is downstairs and i get brilliant connection, i don't know about belkin, but netgear routers are overpriced pieces of shite, just go on the cable forum and you will see many virgin media customers complaining about the netgear hub that virgin supply, it's wireless is terrible.....fortunately i don't need the netgear hub as my modem could handle my free double speed upgrade.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1