Curiosity lands on mars
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon Curiosity lands on mars Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm
    —
as you probaly heard nasas curiosity rover has successfull landed on mars.many people are excited to see what curiosity can help us discover about this planet.

it was reported after a couple hours of curiositys landing there is infact life on mars, first contact from nasa is said to be" wish i had three hands"

then were told to "open your mind"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

being serious now lol this landing might not be big as humans landing on mars,but its a huge step.should be interesting to see what it finds in next  few years

#2: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 pm
    —
I'm more excited by this that any gold medal GB get.

#3: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Saspi PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:24 pm
    —
— Smokey1Kenobi wrote
I'm more excited by this that any gold medal GB get.

And is it that because you are very excited by the mars landing or that you dont care a thing for the olympics? XD I am one of those people that love watching the olympics.

Well if they find life actually originated in Mars, that would make all that stuff outside from earth much more interesting for me (not that they aren't already). Hell if there is even evidence of Mars having complex life in the past, that would be one of the most interesting things I'd find myself reading.

There also theories about life originating in meteories rather than on planets. I hope one day I may  know the origin of life.

#4: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm
    —
I worked in a sports bar for a few years so the constant steam of sport really put me off it so I don't really follow anything.

I'm not saying it's all crap but running, jumping and throwing things won't get us closer to being a space faring race.

The sooner we get off the planet, the better, lets drain resources from the surrounding space rather than earth.

We need to find water on the moon and Mars then we can set up a base/refuelling station.

Once established on Mars, we would then be able to reach out to the asteroid belt just past Mars and harvest raw materials from there.

Granted, it's not as fast as sport but the benefits far outweigh those that sports can provide.

#5: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Saspi PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 pm
    —
Lol I bet that even if we get to expand further from Earth population will keep growing so fast that resources wont keep up no matter what XD. I just dont get it when economist encourage population growth, sure it will make the country more competitive internationally but in the long run the world will suffer!

They also introduce themselves into some sort of vicious circle. When there are a lot of old people and very few young people, they encourage the growth of population so that there will be more young people than old. That prevents a recession from taking place and also give the nation some sort of production bonus. But then same story will happen when young people become old and their kids are surpassed by their old parents.
If they keep preventing this recessions from happening only by making the population grow more, the moment in which population wont be able to grow further will come soon. When a nation reaches that point, the old will be many many more than the young because of longer life expectancy due to technology and it wont be a recession they will be having but a damn serious depression.

I wonder if governments all over the world will have one day birth control policies that are similar to those China has today.

#6: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Jintan PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:41 pm
    —
I wish that girl was my girl friend...

#7: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 pm
    —
A cool panoramic shot of the surface of Mars:

http://www.360cities.net/image/curiosity-rover-martian-solar-day-2#67.61,73.64,110.0

#8: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:36 pm
    —
aye that is kool...could be worse could be another total recall movie,weird eh just at same time...

#9: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: Freddy PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:43 am
    —
i was hoping to see these little guys Sad

#10: No icon Re: Curiosity lands on mars Author: grimreaper PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 am
    —
that sounds cool

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1