NAT Negotiation Failure
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Previous  1, 2  :| |:
http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

#16: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm
    —
You'll need the Open Ports option for your router and remove any options from Port Forwarding.

Just so I can clarify, what are you trying to do or resolve?

#17: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 pm
    —
When trying to connect to a multiplayer game in MTW2 it can't connect due to a "NAT Negotiation Failed"

#18: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:10 pm
    —
Have you tried any of these suggestions?

Suggestions

#19: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:13 pm
    —
Yea, don't have any P2P programs, no Hamatchi

#20: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:13 pm
    —
Also, some anti-virus can cause issues. Try temporarily disabling it to see if it is blocking it.

#21: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:15 pm
    —
Only have the stuff that comes with Windows, made no difference.

#22: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm
    —
OK, let's see if your hardware-based firewall is blocking it or windows. Firstly, open the logs for your firewall by logging into it and going to Firewall/Packet Filtering Logs and posting the contents here.

#23: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm
    —
From what I can see I need a separate program that came with the router to get logging and as it's not my house I'm staying in I dunno where it would be. Thanks for all the help so far though.

#24: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:30 pm
    —
No worries, can you come on Teamspeak? It would be quicker than conversing through the forums. I'll talk you through enabling the windows firewall logs so we can see if it is windows blocking it.

#25: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Freddy PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:12 pm
    —
I had the same problem with my mtw2 before too, the problem with me was that the virtual network that Hamachi had created on my PC was interrupting the communication between my normal connection so it wouldn't work. Have you checked for any other virtual networks you have?

#26: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:40 pm
    —
What else could be creating a virtual network?

#27: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Death_Merchant PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm
    —
Just a heads up, i had the same issue and managed to fix it by enabling upnp on my router and forcing medieval 2 to use my private ip address

You can configure this in medieval2preference.cfg located in the root of the medieval 2 folder i.e (c:\program files\sega\medieval 2 total war)

there should lines in the config file as below

[network]
use_ip =
use_port = 27750

put your private ip in there (the one that you get when you type ipconfig in command line)

save the file and make it read only, as medieval2 will attempt to re-write this file when it loads.

#28: No icon Re: NAT Negotiation Failure Author: Freddy PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:29 pm
    —
bah, now i'm having problems. whenever i play a game with more than 2 people in it i connect fine to the lobby but when i finish loading it just hangs there and it says i have connection problems, i have uninstalled hamachi and i have no other virtual networks running on my machine, i've tried what everyone else suggested, i've resetted my router dozens of times, i just don't know what to do anymore, please help!!

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Technical

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2