MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 51, 52, 53  Next  :| |:
http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#301: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Ranger PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:25 pm
    —
Poland should hopefully be defeated shortly. I just killed his king in battle and now I am besieging the city containing his prince.

#302: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 am
    —
Poland up

#303: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:06 am
    —

#304: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Gothic PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:57 am
    —
I must say this hotseat moves forward faster than expected  with fast steps to

GRAND FINALE :D

LET THE SLAUGHTER BEGIN ! Very Happy

#305: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Saspi PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm
    —
— Ranger wrote
Poland should hopefully be defeated shortly. I just killed his king in battle and now I am besieging the city containing his prince.

Isnt Ranger sortof breaking the rules by attacking King Boleslaw again? Even if its an indirect attack, he is still attacking him. I think the rules dont contemplate completely this kind of situations do they?

#306: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Gothic PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm
    —
Why HRE will not offer some peace to Poland ? Guys don't be warmongers let have some quality gameplay, Poland is already beaten on its knee, I think he deserves some peace agreement.

#307: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:44 pm
    —
saspi i think the king was in the castle/city? had he been attacked 2 turns in a row?

#308: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Ranger PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:09 pm
    —
That army came in as reinforcements, so I did not technically attack the army twice.

#309: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm
    —
In attacking the units stationed around the city you knew this would be a way of you being able to attack my king twice in a row. Technicaly you did not attack him but as I have no control over the AI I could not stop him being drawn into battle. Im intrested to know if you can move your defeated retreating army again next turn As you did last turn. I have not been able to move a single unit that has been defeated and retreated in a previous turn, has anyone else.

#310: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
    —
maybe its to do with turn order?

#311: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Ranger PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:31 am
    —
I found it sort of odd that I was able to move the army, so I'm assuming it was a glitch in the game. It did not really matter though because the army was right next to my city and you were not allowed to attack it anyways, so I would have moved it inside the city regardless.

#312: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Saspi PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 am
    —
I think that what the rules say is that if your army is defeated you can move it only to retreat, thus it cannot attack another army if it was defeated the previous turn. Ex. problem between Gothic and Death:
http://celticalliance.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1209&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Ranger attacked the same army against the rules because he fought against them in open field twice in a row. You can only do a second attack if its a siege battle.

Ranger says he technically didnt attacked Polands army, but even if that were to be true, the AI broke the rules by attacking ranger with a Polish army that had been previously defeated (see beggining of post).

So there is actually a sort of loophole-exploit on the rules. Imagine that instead of a 200 army outside the castle, Poland had just moved a 1k army there. Ranger wouldnt have been able to attack it because it would have broken the rules by forcing a defeated army to attack him.
However.... I just realized Ranger can avoid breaking the rules by sieging the castle with 1 unit, and attacking the army outside with the rest of his army. That way he will only attack the 1k army.
So there is no actual loophole-explpoit on the rules Smile

#313: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Gothic PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 am
    —
Poland shall be granted peace . He suffered a lot, let him lick his wounds.

#314: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:41 pm
    —
— Gothic wrote
Poland shall be granted peace . He suffered a lot, let him lick his wounds.

Here Here Gothic!!!!  Shocked

#315: No icon Re: MTW2 Teutonic Hotseat Campain Author: Colin747Location: Northern Ireland, UK PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 pm
    —
Lith up

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 51, 52, 53  Next  :| |:
Page 21 of 53