pick some good quotes
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon pick some good quotes Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 pm
    —
i could use some good quotes for the website

ill probaly add 1 from wallace and the bruce(have to  Very Happy) if you know of any good ones you would like to add,reply..

#2: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:25 pm
    —
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life

#3: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm
    —
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

#4: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm
    —
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything

#5: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm
    —
Anything by Churchill. The man's a genius.

#6: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm
    —
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.  Very Happy

#7: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:33 pm
    —
Life has to be lived.  That's all there is to it.

#8: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 pm
    —
Kenobi, did you get get the Fight Club qoutes?? Wink

#9: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm
    —
I did, the bit where they meet on the plane right?

#10: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Ares0Location: Widnes, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:54 pm
    —
ha ha yes...you got it. My fav film, named my son Tyler after Tyler Durden.

#11: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 pm
    —
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.

Winston Churchill.

#12: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:14 pm
    —
will need the name along with the quote,there was already one from churchill,might be able to add more Very Happy

#13: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Freddy PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:49 am
    —
"I could not be a traitor to Edward, for I was never his subject."
That's a pretty nice quote by William Wallace

#14: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Saspi PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:56 am
    —
Well not sure if it is or not a quote, but guess its worth telling this aztec story when the spaniards tortured em:

Cuauhtémoc was tortured by having his feet put to a fire, along with Tetlepanquetzal, the tlatoani of Tlacopán. It is said that during the torture, Tetlepanquetzal asked him permission to reveal the location of the treasures in order to stop the pain given to them, and Cuauhtémoc is quoted to say with demise:

"Do you think I am in a bath or pleasure?".

This would be popularized in the 19th century as:
"Do you think I am in a bed of roses?"

#15: No icon Re: pick some good quotes Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:06 am
    —
Here are a couple from Sun Tzu.

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3