Many thanks
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon Many thanks Author: justyhawk PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:32 am
    —
Ahh, my first post. Just wanted to say thank you to Nighthawk who spent over 3 and a half hours with me trying to pin point a fault with my pc.  We never managed to find what was wrong but he showed extreme patience with my total pc ineptitude. I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy participating with the clan!

I sent my 3d mark vantage test results to the tech guys.

Hopefully join in the fun soon, unfortunately I tend to be on quite late.

Cheers and thanks.

#2: No icon Re: Many thanks Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:16 am
    —
Unlucky mate,aye hawk doesnt mind helping people out.When you get pc sorted dont be scared to contact other members and ask for a game or two,some of the new members in past dont get involved and leave because they dont know anyone etc.Add members to steam/xfire Very Happy Good luck getting pc sorted.

#3: No icon Re: Many thanks Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:50 am
    —
I don't play any of the TW games but if it involves shooting, I'm in.

I'm on Bad Company 2 pretty much every day still and TF2 a lot now so gimme a shout.

#4: No icon Re: Many thanks Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:37 pm
    —
Hi Justyhawk, sorry to hear the PC woes!

I'm pretty much the same as Smokey so add me to steam and I'll be up for games such as TF2 or BF.

I am happy to offer any advice on your PC as I maybe able to offer some new insight. Just post your fault in the forum. I can also point you to some pretty geeky people on another forum who are a vey friendly bunch if we can't help here.

#5: No icon Re: Many thanks Author: justyhawk PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:49 pm
    —
Thanks everyone,

I've played BF2/vietnam on xbox and really like them, never part of a proper team very often though and those games really need the team work. Enjoyed being the engineer best and medic second so if you need these roles filling I'm your man! I don't need to rack up the kills, though handy with the mines so get a few that way. Waiting for battlefield 3, call of duty never appealed to me much.

Also, what's happening on the shogun 2 clan front? Is the new clan up and running yet after the break from tetsu fu? I'm waiting to get stuck back into that after having had a long break from it, waiting for the patch to get rid of the loansword spams and meatshield fiends. I was hooked until these trends started up.

looking forward to hopefully catching some games with you guys.

Cheers

#6: No icon Re: Many thanks Author: NighthawkLocation: Somewhere in Cyberspace, but always on the Battlefield. PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:50 am
    —
Aye justyhawk's PC is not very game friendly at the moment......he told me all his games run slow, frames per second problem, stuttering. his old PC ran his games better and his brothers PC which is lower spec runs games better than justyhawk's new one.....we tried updating and rolling back graphics card drivers, we updated directX, audio drivers, chipset drivers, we checked win 7 64bit had the 3d grahics and performance enabled......I build and repair PC's so i know what i'm doing, but as all pc techs will tell you different hardware configurations (different makes, models of ram, hard drives, and chipsets)  can be troublesome and some hardware configurations run perfectly.
His system specs are as follows:

CPU:  AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (6x2.8ghz) but i think he upgraded to the 3.0ghz CPU
Operating System:  Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Motherboard:  NEW! Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
Memory:  8GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 4GB)
Hard Drives:  NEW! 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Optical Drive:  22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card:  2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
Sound card:  Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case:  Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU:  700W Xigmatek
Warranty:  3 Year Platinum Warranty

The problem could be a few things, i just went through the usual driver updates, but it could be a faulty PSU (power rail that feeds the graphics card), could be any hardware fault, but we can't test hardware over the internet. If it is faulty hardware then the PC is still under warranty as justyhawk has only had it for 1-2 weeks, so he would be better off getting it sent back for testing.
In the specs it says 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, so if he is running in SLI mode then i'd be looking to power that setup with a good quality 800-1000 watt PSU. On tomshardware site the GTX 570 in SLI they recommend a good quality 750 watt PSU ( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/279391-10-power-requirements-specs-popular-graphic-cards-guide  ), so maybe the issue is that the PSU don't have enough juice to power his SLI graphics card setup, and if that was the case typical signs would be frame rate problems, stuttering graphics and generally games running slower, especially if in game graphics settings were set to the highest.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1