Steam Trade (Beta Client)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

#1: No icon Steam Trade (Beta Client) Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:13 am
    —
Just incase you don't use any of the Steam Beta patches, the new one adds a trading system.

It seems to be mainly geared towards TF2 and people with a hat fetish but you can also trade Steam Gifts.

Steam have added the ability to buy a game for yourself but rather than redeem it to your account, it keeps it in your Gifts and Guest Passes list for sending later or trading with.

I imagin it will boost the numbers come sale time with people buying games to trade later rather than themselves.
Had a quick blast with it earlier and if you've ever played Diablo 2 and traded in it, it will be easy.

On one side you have your items where a drop down box selects TF2 items or Gifts and on the other side you have a small screen where you drag and drop what you want to trade.

A picture pops up of what they're trading and if you're both happy, you hit agree.

I don't have much time on TF2 so I've got fuck all by way of items to trade from that and I only have 2 copies of Lead And Gold so no trading for me just yet.

I imagine it will go live shortly but if you want to check it out, click on Steam/settings/Beta Participation and select Steam Trade, restart Steam and you'll have a drop down menu on your chat window.

Happy Trading.

#2: No icon Re: Steam Trade (Beta Client) Author: SoulflyLocation: Edinburgh,Scotland PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm
    —
its about time they done somthing like this,pitty i couldnt trade my old games

#3: No icon Re: Steam Trade (Beta Client) Author: Smokey1KenobiLocation: Bolton [UK] PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:03 pm
    —
Yeah, it kinda sucks you can't trade your old games.

It's doubtful they would ever let you do that but with people like GMG doing it, it may just be a matter of time.

#4: No icon Re: Steam Trade (Beta Client) Author: Freddy PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm
    —
trading old games would be cool, i'd use it all the time

#5: No icon Re: Steam Trade (Beta Client) Author: OdiniLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 pm
    —
I have a feeling that they might introduce something where you can sell back to steam and they provide a cut back to the developers. You can trade games but only unregistered ones which can be pretty handy when it comes to some of the Steam sales.

http://www.celticalliance.com -> Tavern

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1