Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Im going to have to get this. I dont play much fps on PC but this looks really sweet. http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

Let me know if any of you CA guys get it.   Wink

Quote:
About the Game
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, the leading tactical multiplayer WWII shooter on the PC, will take the award winning Red Orchestra franchise into the next generation of gaming. Cutting edge graphics and audio built using the Unreal Engine 3, inventive features and streamlined realism will deliver an unrivalled tactical shooter experience.

Heroes of Stalingrad will focus on the Battle of Stalingrad and the surrounding operations, both German and Russian, from July 1942 to February 1943. The game allows the player to experience one of the most brutal battles in all of human history. Delivering unrivalled accuracy and attention to detail, along with gritty, vicious combat in multiplayer and single-player modes the game will feature everything from quick, brutal firefights to more intricate and challenging tactical modes.

Quote:
Key Features
Red Orchestra multiplayer taken to new heights: The brutal, gritty Red Orchestra gameplay has been enhanced, expanded and made more accessible. Gameplay modes as instantly recognizable as Firefight (Tripwire's take on Team Death Match), single-life gaming redefined in Countdown mode - and the Territory mode already beloved by the hundreds of thousands of Red Orchestra players worldwide.

Stalingrad Campaign: Before heading online hone your skills in one of two campaigns that recreate the battle for Stalingrad from both the German and Russian sides. Featuring open non-linear environments and unscripted gameplay players make their own path through the battlefield.

Heroes: Achieve the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

First person cover system: Experience the ultimate firefights that a cover system allows, from the immersion of a first person view. Peek or blind fire over and around cover and more.

Unique Focus – the Battle of Stalingrad in depth: takes the familiar WWII genre into a unique direction. Far removed from the well-trodden Normandy setting, gameplay is based on fresh scenarios and actions the player has never experienced before. Follow the German army as they assault the city of Stalingrad, to the banks of the Volga. Follow the Soviet army as it holds the city against all the odds then destroys the Axis forces.

WWII weaponry redefined: true to life ballistics, bullet penetration, breathing, adjustable sights, free aim, weapon bracing, photo-real graphics and more, create WWII weaponry that has no equal.

Immersive First Person Tank Warfare: experience what it was like to fight inside one of these metal beasts in WWII with the most immersive first person tank warfare ever created. Fully modeled 3d interiors, a full AI crew, and advanced armor and damage systems create a unique tanking experience.

Morale: Experience what it is like to be a soldier in one of the bloodiest conflicts in history and the importance of a soldier’s state of mind and how it can turn the tide of battle. Suppress your enemies and gain the advantage in combat!

Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression: Persistence constantly gives the gamer something to strive for and keeps them playing. Grow in rank, earn achievements, improve your abilities, and become a Hero!

Enhanced Unreal® Engine™ 3: Built on an enhanced version of Unreal Engine 3 the game features cutting edge visuals and features.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Smokey1Kenobi
I'm gonna be looking at buying this at some point.

Right now, I'm poor and unemployed Sad

General

Groups General
Posts 710
Joined Jun 06, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Smokey1Kenobi a private message Find all posts by Smokey1Kenobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Freddy
man, this game looks awesome. same as smokey only just poor lol

Posts 362
Joined Oct 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
shadow345th
Hi,...ive played RO alot. And well im awaiting this one for more than a year. I liked RO because you cant run and gun. Running in the old RO will get you killed.

So well see each other,.....

Sahdow345th

Sergeant

Groups Sergeant
Posts 19
Joined Jul 05, 2011
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send shadow345th a private message Visit user's Facebook: none+not+active Find all posts by shadow345th

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Yeah Im having alot of fun in the beta.  If you buy the deluxe edition you get in the beta till the game comes out.  Kinda lame I know, first bets Ive ever PAID(9$ more) to get in but anyway...  Yeah its a lot of fun.  I got 7 kills and 2nd most points on a 64 player tanks only game.  Someone was driving for me and I was doing the other 3 positions.  He knew just were to go it was sweet.  

No worries guys.  Still two weeks till the game comes out.  If you do end up getting it at some point make sure to let me know.  I never played FPS on the PC much, I could use some back up.   Wink

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
shadow345th
Hi,..Romulus.
I bought it yesterday!
Only about 1 week till release.

Cya ingame ROII

EDIT:

p.s. i bought the deluxe version,...i got 20% off so i thought gonna get me those extra weapons.

sry. for my bad Englisch

Sergeant

Groups Sergeant
Posts 19
Joined Jul 05, 2011
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send shadow345th a private message Visit user's Facebook: none+not+active Find all posts by shadow345th

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
shadow345th
Again,..

I added u to my friend list.
I see you have no {CA} in front of your Steam name?

Your profile does not allow me to add text.

Cya,....

Sergeant

Groups Sergeant
Posts 19
Joined Jul 05, 2011
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Hey Shadow.  Yeah I'm not a CA member, only a close ally who trolls their site.   Twisted Evil   The Celtic Alliance and the Imperator clans have been friends for years.   Wink

Ive been playing the Beta with a 360 controller, its so much easier for me...like I said I dont ply FPS on PC much. I still manage to stay near the top of the scoreboard.  Heehee.   64 player servers are sweet.   Anyway, I got your friends request Shadow and added you.  See you on the battlefield.  Oh I should mention I'm in the US, so we will most likely have different hours...

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
XSive_Death
Just got back from my first tour of the eastern front. Have to say the game has a lot of potential but...it's horrendously optimized with more bugs than an ant's nest.

If anyone is thinking about buying it, i'd advise waiting a month or two for Tripwire to fix things up, might even get a price reduction by then to boot. :)

Roll on BF3.

Sergeant Major

Groups Sergeant Major
Posts 31
Joined Jan 30, 2011
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send XSive_Death a private message Find all posts by XSive_Death

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Ive been lucky, it runs and looks great on my PC but I agree, wait a bit for a patch or just go with BF3.

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1