Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Major Dick Winters Dies
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote
bubba
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/10/obit.dick.winters/

I'm sure you've seen Band of Brothers. RIP man, true hero.

Sergeant

Groups Sergeant
Posts 26
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send bubba a private message Send bubba an email. Find all posts by bubba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
This guy is a legend,rip

Tonight the Family of Major Richard (Dick) Winters announced that he had passed away on the 2nd of January 2011, Major Winters has already been interred and the family only announced his passing tonight.

Major Winters led his men at Brecourt Manor where he and his men Successfully silenced 4 105mm cannons firing on at Utah Beach on D-Day. An assault today that is still practiced today at the US military college, He led his men into holland and led his through the Battle of the Bulge, and on in to Germany.

Major Winters was 92 when he passed on and will always be remembered for his assault at Brecourt Manor, and his charge in the island in Holland During Operation Market Garden. Major Winters may have passed on but his Legendary Status will live on, May he rest in peace, and may his actions never be forgotte

"war does not make men great, but sometimes, war brings out the greatness in men."

Ive never seen band of brothers yet mate,have been meaning to after watching the pacific

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Doen't like playing games!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Damn, hate it when we loose our hero's.  At least he had a long life.  RIP Winters.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
Markuskein
RIP a great man may the sacrifice of so many good men never be forgotten never be repeated.
Band of Brothers is one of my favourite series, but i didnt liked the pacific to much it has no comparation with the BoB masterpiece.

And, in fine, he carried on the war not for the sake of personal gain or power nor through anger, but for the sake of warlike deeds in themselves; hence he was accounted at once a lover of war and a master of war. ~ Cassius Dio about Viriathus

Posts 47
Joined Sep 25, 2010
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Markuskein a private message Find all posts by Markuskein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
bubba
Yea The Pacific was alright, i really enjoyed it because i read Eugene Sledge's book "With the Old Breed" awhile before the series came out so i got to see what actually happened to him, not just the picture i had in my head from the book. Anyway i think it should have been a lot longer than what it was. 10 minutes of film for Iwo, kind of disrespectful. And there could of been an entire series based off of Peleliu and Okinawa alone.

edit: damn soulfly you need to get on that , BoB is a must.

Sergeant

Groups Sergeant
Posts 26
Joined Aug 08, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send bubba a private message Send bubba an email. Find all posts by bubba

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1