Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Warning about veetle TV program
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Reviews/Technical Technical
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
my anti virus kaspersky has detected the veetle tv program (veetle-0.9.17} needed to watch the celtic games on internet as a virus (Backdoor.Win32.Shiz.gen)
thanks soulfly....tut tut
more about this in this link http://www.spywareremovaltoolkit.com/all-detail/Backdoor.Win32.Shiz.gen.html
and here
http://www.securelist.com/en/descriptions/Backdoor.Win32.Shiz.gen

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Nighthawk a private message Find all posts by Nighthawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote
Saspi
I told Mr.Flo flo, but he wouldnt listen...

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quote
Kuebel
well, did you download it from the program's official website?
http://www.veetle.com/
If not, that's a bad move in and of itself Razz

Also
http://forums.veetle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1354
Although it was a detection of a different "virus", issue could be related. Have you updated your definition files Question

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
— Kuebel
well, did you download it from the program's official website?
http://www.veetle.com/
If not, that's a bad move in and of itself Razz

Also
http://forums.veetle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1354
Although it was a detection of a different "virus", issue could be related. Have you updated your definition files Question

mines was the one from there site,loads on the celtic forum have had no problem,ive had no problems and a few others i sent the link to have said nothing.

is it possible that hawks anti virus has made a mistake?? they do make them

edit:theres nothing on there forums about this,out of the 100.000's people who use it you would think someone would post if it was a virus

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 5.0hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
Aye it could be a false positive.....many viruses have different names, but are same virus, like macafee will call it something yet kaspersky calls it something else.
yes kuebel i downloaded veetle from the veetle.com site.
but a virus could be passed through a stream.......anyway i searched my system32 folder for the dll file the virus is supposed to leave but couldn't find it, also ran malwarebytes and spybot S&D but they found nothing......could be a false positive......and yes i update kaspersky everytime i boot my PC. kuebel i'm a PC engineer, technician, i've got rid of viruses on many peoples comps even doing it manually through finding the rogue program and deleting it, and finding what registry entries it leaves and deleting them too.....i'm pretty much clued up on building, upgrading and servicing computers. Yes this instance was probably a false positive wrongly flagged by kaspersky....but i just wanted to flag it myself in case any of our members use or used veetle and their anti virus had detected it as a virus.
People don't know how anti virus programs work, they scan the files for malicious CODE, there could be a certain part of the code for veetle that causes some anti virus programs to flag it as a malicious code or security breach by allowing ports that a known virus uses or changing registry key values that a known virus changes, which causes the anti virus program to flag that you have a virus, but in fact it's a false positive.

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Nighthawk a private message Find all posts by Nighthawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote
Kuebel
— Nighthawk
Aye it could be a false positive.....many viruses have different names, but are same virus, like macafee will call it something yet kaspersky calls it something else.
yes kuebel i downloaded veetle from the veetle.com site.
but a virus could be passed through a stream.......anyway i searched my system32 folder for the dll file the virus is supposed to leave but couldn't find it, also ran malwarebytes and spybot S&D but they found nothing......could be a false positive......and yes i update kaspersky everytime i boot my PC. kuebel i'm a PC engineer*.

Was just trying to be helpful. *I used to be a "PC Engineer" for a year after I completed my bachelors in computing science, till I got bored and became a debt collector. Wife's still in the field though, she teachs IT at the german equivalent of a secondary school, she has a masters in computing science herself (amongst other things).

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
Kuebel....i didn't mean to be rude, if that's the way you took my last post.
Everyones input about keeping their PC's free from viruses and other shit is always welcome......someone in the clan may get a virus and don't know how or what tools to use to get rid of the virus, but someone else like you or myself who has a fair bit of knowledge and experience can help solve the issue alot quicker than just leaving the PC noobs to figure it out on their own.
The virus stuff can easily be looked up on the internet and we can direct users to the proper tools. Other technical issues with computers depend on the user giving us full specification of their comp, error messages etc etc and the fault, but they sometimes don't realise that some faults cannot be fixed just by talking to us tech heads on teamspeak, some faults are easy to fix....some others not so easy, and to fix some faults you really DO NEED to be at the PC to figure out and carry out your process of elimination.
But we will still try our best to help clanmates fix their comps as best as possible.

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Kuebel
Kuebel....i didn't mean to be rude, if that's the way you took my last post.

Fair enough, I reread my own original post and think that could've been taken rudely too if someone was reading it that way, though I didn't mean it to be.

Other technical issues with computers depend on the user giving us full specification of their comp, error messages etc etc and the fault, but they sometimes don't realise that some faults cannot be fixed just by talking to us tech heads on teamspeak,

aye tell me about it, earlier today my RE (believe it or not, I actually have to do RE on an electrical engineering apprenticeship...) teacher asked me why his email wasn't working. Didn't give me any error messages, didn't tell me anything about his computer, email server or anything at all and expected me to deliver an answer lol.

Posts 214
Joined May 08, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
Tell me about it......people asking to fix PC problems......you say what spec is your pc, they say...."i don't know"
My cousin is a manager in IBM and don't know nothing about computers...lol

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1