Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Napoleon Total War
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Nighthawk
If you ask for my opinion then i think it's a total ripoff, it's what ETW should have been and wasn't.....yet with such a poor ETW they have a cheek to hit us with a new game. ETW should be fixed, and be the game CA promised before even thinking of trying to con us with a game that we should actually have had when we paid for ETW.

Posts 527
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Nighthawk a private message Find all posts by Nighthawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
Aye mother fookers! They charged £35 for a game that wasnt finished and still isnt yet they decide to spend there time building a new one with the same promises as before.I was talking to ranger early on he was saying no one is happy on the total war forums,maybe they will rethink....If not they should give ETW owners a 80% discount.

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Doen't like playing games!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
Gothic
Completly agree ! but ... I don't you will get any discount, a lot people will buy because there will be "Napoleon" it's fetish for a lot of folks ...
As long as people will buy they won't do anything (what for ? ) The promised mod tools but they didn't release them because mods could make great Napoleon mod.What for they should allow people to mod game of they can do it and charge people some hard cash ? Evil or Very Mad

New youtube video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTZMKIZSrE&feature=channel_page[/b]

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
looking at some of the tw forums there seems to be plenty of people who are willing to buy this

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
proably mostly single player junkies...

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
FloFri
it will be an alone stand add-on, that means you don't need etw.
shouldn't be full price then, cause it's still an Add-On.

Captain

Groups Captain
Posts 136
Joined Aug 14, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Gothic
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49863/Creative-Assembly-Responds-To-Negative-Napoleon-Total-War-Reaction

Creative Assembly Responds To Negative Napoleon: Total War Reaction
Aug 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM - Andrew Burnes - 9 Comments
Elements of the Total War community felt slighted by last week's Napoleon: Total War announcement, believing that the British developer was leaving Empire in a broken state to move on to the next big thing. Despite having stated that this was not the case, Creative Assembly was forced to write up a sizable community update to convince the vocal minority that good times were ahead for all TW gamers:

The reaction on the forums to the recent announcement of Napoleon has suggested there is a level of misunderstanding about a few points. I'd like to shed light on a few of these, directly, if I may.

Why are you releasing another TW game without fixing Empire?

We have not given up on supporting Empire. The major AI upgrade patch is still very much being worked on and is coming shortly. It will be with you a good while before Napoleon's release. Napoleons development is ongoing, just as our support of Emprie is ongoing. We recognise Empire had problems on release and we've dealt with the vast majority of stability and performance issues people are having. We now need to balance and address gameplay issues. The AI particularly. We have listened to everything you have said and are looking to address as much as possible. Empire has not been forgotten and a major gameplay upgrade is coming, and coming soon.

Why did you lie about releasing an MP campaign? Where is it?

The MP Campaign for Empire has always been a beta product. However, despite it simply being a test of the technology we still want it to be fun and enjoyable, something that's worth your time and our effort. So we've been working on it since release, building it to a state where its stable enough to beta test by you all and is indeed a great deal of fun to play. The MP Campaign Beta has not been forgotten, work is ongoing and it will be released before Napoleon allowing us time to absorb your comments and feedback (Which is ultimately the point of a public beta). To stress: Empire's MPC Beta is still under development and will be coming shortly it has not been dropped or forgotten and will be available soon.

Why do you never give dates for anything? I want to know when I can get my hands on these things!

Wer've learned about giving dates to the community. The understandable anger we've faced when we've given specific dates and not met them is not worth the little comfort given by us mentioning a specific date (Which you must still wait for). All development has a level of risk attached to it, that is the chance that it will not make a specific day for delivery. We've stopped communicating exact dates as a result of feedback from you. The Empire patch and the MPC beta will be released a significant while before Napoleon, which is scheduled for a first quarter 2010 release.

Why are you releasing Napoleon seperately when all it's content should have been in Empire?

The simple answer to this is that Napoloeons content shouldn't and couldnt have been in Empire. Napoleon is a game in it's own right. It spans three full campaigns, not missions or theatres, three sperate campaigns each with their own maps, factions, missions, opponents, story and unique features. In short: It is big.

Napoleon focuses on a man and his destiny and how this is tied to the rise of a nation, a man who defined an era. Empire was a very seperate theme, defining the interplay of actions between nations over a turbulent period of history.

These are two very different games.

We couldn't, nor would we, have added Napoleon into Empire. It's a huge piece of work worthy of its own title.

Admit it, you're going to give up on Empire and try to sell us another game aren't you?

Not at all. After the major AI upgrade patch that is coming we're going to announce another major piece of DLC for Empire, adding more content to its universe and expanding the game even further. Empire is a title into which we put a lot of time and effort, and to which you all gave a great deal of patience post release. We won't walk away from that. So there is more coming.

You do not need Napoleon to enjoy Empire or play Empire, they are two seperate games. Naturally we'd like people to go for both, but we recognise that choice is yours. Whether you chose one, none or both we want to make your experience reflect our time and energy and be as enjoyable as possible.

Does the community reaction to CA's announcements make any difference?

Yes, and always yes. The point of a public beta to the Multi Player Campaign is to get your feedback, the reason for this post is because we're reading and listening to what you say. There's a lot of reaction to what we've announced with Napoleon and some of it is based on misunderstanding. That's because we're at an early stage of development, we only announced on Wednesday last week and there are a lot of different facts and theories floating around. If you have questions post them here or bug a website or magazine to ask us and we'll answer. Please understand some of what is written is speculation and unless its a specific quote from us it may simply be informed opinion.

Finally, sometimes the community reaction is uplifting and othertimes it is demotivating. We recognise that there's a lot of desire out there to see us do better, given some peoples Empire's release experience. We hope that given the sheer amount of attention we've paid to Empire since it's release and the extras we're looking to provide that we will prove by our action that we're not just here to sell games. We love TW, thats why we make it, and we want you to enjoy it too, as that is ultimately it's purpose. Criticism is always welcome, if its positive and constructive we're far more likely to take ti on board and listen.

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
Zaika
for the new tw I would like to tw choose whatever their own age and make the game's map which we can travel to all over the world not just 1-2 continent

Posts 23
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Zaika a private message Send Zaika an email. Find all posts by Zaika

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
FYI, looks like Napoleon will have a lobby. Twisted Evil

Sure looks like a chat lobby to me. Cool

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
yes indeed mate.i used that screenie from your post on the grails site Very Happy ill not be buying this tw game straight away,will give it a few months first

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Gothic
— Imperator_Romulus

Sure looks like a chat lobby to me. Cool

OMG new feature !!!! Very Happy

CA new strategy,remove features to add them later again,you can always claim you did some improvements Very Happy I heard general rally button is back as well.

Colonel

Groups Colonel
Posts 489
Joined Aug 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Yeah its not new to the series but I certainly like that they listened to us and added it back in. Rolling Eyes Looks like I might be barking up the wrong tree posting any Total War stuff on the CA site. Confused Razz I just cant wait for the 23rd. Call me crazy but I still love TW. It sounds like theres a slim possibility at this point but I still hope to play a new TW game(or even an old one) with my friends in the Celtic Alliance. Twisted Evil

Anyway, Happy hunting.

"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."
Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Imperator_Romulus a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Imperator_Romulus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
no mate theres just alot of us dispointed with etw,who knows ntw might be alot better.time zones dont help ive only seen brownbomber online in mtw the last few days

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Imperator_Romulus
Yeah I know. Sorry about the attitude, my bad. Embarassed Ill try to keep myself from posting when I'm in a bad mood.

Admittedly I havnt been on MTW2 much lately, though I did get in some 3on3's the other day. Very fun.

Miyamoto Musashi

Posts 209
Joined Oct 16, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
No problem,i did ask sparta for some 2v2's last night but you wereny on and he didnt feel like playing tw

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Time synchronized with your computer time
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4