Started by Soulfly
Battlefield 2042 0 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am
by Soulfly
MTW2 hotseat campain factions selection
Started by Soulfly
MTW2 Hotseat 7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm
by Gothic

Margaret Thatcher
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Forum Index Tavern
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
Saspi
What do  you think of her?

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Soulfly
though am to young  to remember, she is still hated in scotland and to this day the reason the tories never get voted in scotland. she brought scotland to its knees, treated us as test dummies, even now the tories test in the north of england, regions they dont have a vote in so it doesnt matter. she helped the rich and shit on the poor, i can respect a familys loss but she wont be missed.

worded better

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/margaret-thatchers-time-power-destroyed-1819478

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/were-right-dig-up-past-1834284

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 3.7hrs.
Total Played: 1,273hrs.

Are you really committed?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
lol talk about opening a can of worms Saspi, in NI she is either loved or totally hated depending on which side of the divide you are on

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Smokey1Kenobi
She took away my milk. Bitch.

General

Groups General
Posts 710
Joined Jun 06, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Smokey1Kenobi a private message Find all posts by Smokey1Kenobi

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
ViPer-F
My personal opinion?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js[/youtube]

A friend of General Pinochet, Apartheid regimes, etc, etc, etc, is not my friend Sad . Gotta draw a line (somewhere(?)).

Rest in Peace tho Maggie, if you can...

Apart from messing up domestically... (imho!) she pressured to send the poor thing back to Chile under...Well, humanitarian grounds of course!!  

Then there's the Malvinas/Falklands; war is a terrible thing & to declare it for so little, condemning all those brave soldiers (there were more casualties from PTSD than actual combat) is despicable in my book. (Like my friend Bill K. who's still haunted by the stuff he lived in Viet-Nam).

There's an anecdote about the sinking of the Almirante Belgrano: British Navy sailors never cheer the sinking of ANY ship, as it is full of other sailors & nobody should ever be happy about that (its bad luck).
The Sonar man on a British ship was telling this as he recalls hearing the agonising, heart-tearing cries of doomed Argentinian sailors on the hydrophone, sinking with their ship into the abyss.
I've also read about this British soldier describing a man he met in a reunion; he was the Argentinian pilot who dropped a bomb on the transport his mates were in. He didn't hate him; he was just another soldier...They couldn't tell the (beep) to (beep) off; they served their country professionally & with Honor, then they got jack sXXX in return..
Then again it contributed in bringing down the  dictatorship, at least they didn't sacrifice in vain.

Sorry about the length, could go on for another page Razz
I respect everybody's p-o-v, only that yours truly happens to have strong feelings about this issue, though do not force anybody to share it, on the contrary!!!!

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 123
Joined Sep 16, 2012
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
I really do think people who stick shit like that video up really are disrespectful tramps...

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Colin747 a private message Visit user's Facebook: 485367821100 Find all posts by Colin747

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
would be a shit place if we all thought the same, there were many people out this way  got together in pub on her funeral, old miners etc.. wasnt quite a party, few chose words i bet and a few beers ofcouse Very Happy  ma uncle was one of those on strike for a year..

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Soulfly a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Soulfly
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
I have no problem with anyone not liking her or even hating her its more disrespecting the dead I'm sure if for example it was a member of vipers family he wouldn't like people posting stuff like that video

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Soulfly
thread grave yard and lock?

General

Groups General
Posts 3322
Joined Aug 06, 2009
Status Offline
Gender Male
{CA}Soulfly
Currently Offline

Most Played:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Colin747
I'd be happy with just the vid removed, I've np with the rest of his post

General

Groups General
Posts 1031
Joined Aug 07, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 am Reply with quote
ViPer-F
Well, in fact ur VERY right Colin: I have already had half my family shot by a dictatorial regime she directly supported...Thank you.
You might also want to talk to my friend Selawe, body full of bullet holes courtesy of the Apartheid regime...nice eh? I guess you don't wanna hear how he feels...

Tramp eh? Very Happy No hard feelings!:
My mother had a Fascist priest (affiliated to the Fascist Party, not because I said so) telling my mom at 15, that people who thought her way should be put in front of a firing squad (ah nostalgia! the old fart couldn't hold it, he was a romantic at heart).
I guess we're progressing overall.

Then again I understand you guys have had to suffer no dictatorship for over 30 years either...There were plenty of Soviet soldiers to do the dieing for 'Democracy', I bet there's a great chance we'd all be pretty fluent in German at present otherwise, but that's another story.
Thanks to 'Appeasement' first & THEN that lady & Giscard supporting Franco's regime (even when the guy was referred to as 'the Mummy') we'd be still raising the bloody right arm at 45 degrees angle all over this country, in case you didn't know.

Although we still have to put up with Fascist Memorials & statues of War Criminals (later sanctioned by the UN ofc) whilst scores of innocent people whose only crime was to vote are still lying in unmarked mass graves by the roadside. It wasn't even possible to bring then flowers, not even 40 years later...It's still called 'stirring things up'...I myself live by an old battlefield, A LOT of brave soldiers, including many of your fellow countrymen are scattered like confetti all over the place.

Then again people come & nearly complain about the poor little n******s in Africa, or the backward This or That, don't forget its people like that who have kept them in that abject misery for the past decades, lets be grateful, at least its not Indonesia, Kenya or even Northern Ireland or Rwanda.

EVEN SO, my point was not to rejoice of anybody's death, it's a monstruosity. Thought i made that clear.
I'd have posted a much more crude vid if I did; see for yourself on utube there's plenty of that.

I'll make my point again:
I do not pretend BY FAR to be any sort of celestial being, come to earth to cast judgement on anybody's actions.
Therefore, I do sincerely hope she does rest in peace, she's just another 'sailor' like any of us.
If I did believe in God though, I'd only hope for God's justice to sort her out. As well as humbly trying to make the best I can with my life to avoid a similar fate.

I did very much intend to rejoice about the death of all she represented though, probably you misunderstood me.

Lieutenant

Groups Lieutenant
Posts 123
Joined Sep 16, 2012
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Saspi
http://www.thenation.com/blog/173731/why-would-anyone-celebrate-death-margaret-thatcher-ask-chilean

Posts 622
Joined Sep 03, 2009
Status Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Neanderthaler
no commet

Neanderthaler

Corporal

Groups Corporal
Posts 311
Joined Jun 15, 2010
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Neanderthaler a private message Find all posts by Neanderthaler

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Freddy
indifferent  

Posts 362
Joined Oct 03, 2009
Status Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1